• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

There aren't really any good football pundits in my opinion. If anyone's into American sports, the commentary and analysis is just on a different level. They have smart, engaging people who know what they are talking about. We have Mark Lawrenson.

Not sure if any of you listen to the Guardian's football podcast, but that is exactly the kind of thing we need for MotD. They're funny, irreverant and knowledgable. James Richardson would be a far far better anchor than anyone currently on TV.

There aren't really any good football pundits in my opinion. If anyone's into American sports, the commentary and analysis is just on a different level. They have smart, engaging people who know what they are talking about. We have Mark Lawrenson.

Not sure if any of you listen to the Guardian's football podcast, but that is exactly the kind of thing we need for MotD. They're funny, irreverant and knowledgable. James Richardson would be a far far better anchor than anyone currently on TV.

I prefer watching Goals on Sunday with Kammy. :cool:

It's really funny you should mention that. The guy I share an office with forwarded me this article today.

They talk about how rubbish the punditry is on that programme and refer to Kammy as "the acceptable face of idiocy". Made me laugh, anyway...

It's really funny you should mention that. The guy I share an office with forwarded me this article today.

They talk about how rubbish the punditry is on that programme and refer to Kammy as "the acceptable face of idiocy". Made me laugh, anyway...

I don't really watch it for the analysis... the banter between them and the guests is good.

Jeez - the new Muse album is pretty terrible.

Now that really is a pretty big shock. :P

Not really - they've been terrible for ages.

Never understood the fuss made about that band - seriously overrated.

Couple of good songs and thats about it.

Couple of good songs and thats about it.

I agree. Never could stand the whiny vocals.

G. Nev is a great pundit but has a terrible voice.

commentators are the worst.

I've lost track of the times something is obvious in a footy match

IE: Dive or free kick?

commentator calls it wrong, then watches 3 slowing motion replays

from different angles and continues to get it wrong.

:roflmao: So true and it makes me rage.

John Motson is always the best - he always comments on obvious facts by starting "I think that..."

I think that men landed on the moon.

I think the Titanic sunk.

I thin that Stewart Downing is worth £20 million.

I went to a local hall to play a game of billiards on my own today,

had a quart and a fine time.Sometimes a half hour of your own is a great thing.

I had a quiet half hour myself yesterday. :shy::blush:

:o not romantic I hope! hmhm:P(tsk)

lol LOL lol LOL

who?

who?

Muse, mate. Highly successful band in the Isles. Nails on blackboard to this listener though.

Muse are my favourite band.

I've seen them live 6 times and just picked up their new album and intend to listen to it tonight.

I'va always been staggered by their live performances (Unfortunately, I didn't get tickets for the tour later this year :( )

Their recent albums have been quite varied in style when you consider their first 3. The last album took a couple of listens for me and although it's no "Absolution", it's still a great listen

I'll hold judgement on the new one till I've haerd it a couple of times.