• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

For Andy.

Spurs

Just about the best article I've read regarding Spurs' serial failure compared to their peers since the dawn of the Premiership. Very good indeed. So true - Spurs don't need a student, they need a previously successful manager with a system who knows what he wants. And doesn't allow the chairman to make all the purchases.

And its possible that Paulinho and Soldado will turn out like all those other great buys who couldn't wait to leave after half a season, from Popescu and Dumitrescu onwards.

Mind you, as far as Spurs former great midfield five are concerned - Parker was losing it, the club couldn't hang onto Modric and Van Der Vaart, and although Lennon is still there, he's a shadow of his former self.

Spurs are due for their once in a decade trophy though - maybe this squad can lift the League Cup. Tottingham's gonna do it again.

I hope they do well, I hope they finish in the top four - otherwise I think it will have been an opportunity missed.

I'm afraid that the sage (Robbie Savage) has said nay.

Although they've lost the same amount of games as Man C. :P

Jermaine Defoe - not a natural goalscorer. :whistle:

Can't figure out why Sherwood has let him go. We want more options in the last third, not less.

Not sure why he wanted to go - no chance of going to Brazil now.