• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Bravo Villa!

It was like watching a different team!

On the other hand how do we beat QPR when we have 10 men and them 11, but we can only draw Yeovil when we have 11 men and they have 8 !!!! :facepalm:

Bravo Villa!

It was like watching a different team!

On the other hand how do we beat QPR when we have 10 men and them 11, but we can only draw Yeovil when we have 11 men and they have 8 !!!! :facepalm:

Just checked that out on the Beeb - hard to believe they clung on when they had eight men for the last ten minutes (including stoppage time). Reading are still in with a shout though, as are perennial also-rans Forest, who never quite manage to get out of the second tier. And whatever happened to Leeds?

Villa's win is an example of how one player can change everything. After Benteke's equalizer, they were transformed.

We've dropped into 7th now, I'm not really sure we are "promotion" material anyways. The club ownership is falling back to Madjeski as the Russian lost interest (or his dads backing.)

Leeds are in the midst of a takeover with Italian owners, then you had the sacking of McDermott by fax only to be reinstated afterwards.

I don't see them coming up this year, too much to do to make up the places.

Leicester on the other hand are running away with it and 'arry is down in 3rd.

Carson Yeung found guilty, swapping St Andrews for a Chinese prison. A deeply horrible place to find yourself - surrounded by some of the most unpleasant elements of society, a savage environment in which even the strongest of men lose heart or hope, and your whole existence is reduced to wondering how soon you can get out of there.

I've heard Chinese prisons are bad, too.

Wasn't Campbell captain 3 times of England???

Yep. But he considered such a number to be unsatisfactory.

sure Ince and definetly Rio was captains so i dont know why Sol is coming out with his again, waiting for the usual beware Brazil just like he did for Ukraine