• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

How do you lads find the time to read comics with all this football

watching and talking going on?

No NHL this year,so not a lot of TV hockey happening.The juniors are always a GREAT game to go watch,and affordable,but now all the tickets are gone to the diehard puckheads who can't live without the game.

I am sure the new sportsbar across the way will suffer when they open in a fortnight.

We manage. It's not as if football matches last as long as NFL games. ;)

Don't start knocking the NFL...

(tsk)

What's there to say about padded peanut huggers! :baiting:

(tsk)

What's there to say about padded peanut huggers! :baiting:

Must... not... rise to bait...

(tsk)

I watch the NFL when I can and follow my team ( the NY Giants). The games are on too late and last for hours. You can tape 'em but it's not the same.

The chance of a power blackout in the UK has now changed from 1 in 3300 years to 1 in 12 years lol

So read your comics while you can.

And make a 1000 posts a day.

The chance of a power blackout in the UK has now changed from 1 in 3300 years to 1 in 12 years lol

So read your comics while you can.

And make a 1000 posts a day.

So those Wind Farms were a good idea!

(tsk)

I watch the NFL when I can and follow my team ( the NY Giants). The games are on too late and last for hours. You can tape 'em but it's not the same.

I'm also a Giants fan (I lived in NY for a little while years ago and got into the NFL then). Been to see them a few times.

The games aren't always on late - e.g. this Sunday we have the Browns at 6pm London time. "Late afternoon" games start at 9:15pm our time. Can't argue with them going on for hours though.

However, if you're really interested in watching but don't have the time, you might want to check out Game Pass - it lets UK fans watch every game, every week, live. But if you miss the game or think it's on too late, they're archived so you can watch when you like - and if you watch non-live, they skip all the commercial breaks.

Even better than that if you're short of time, they offer a "condensed" version - shows each play whistle to whistle with no stoppages. Watched in that way a game takes about an hour.

Game Pass isn't cheap but if you're a big fan who lives outside the US and wants to watch live games it's pretty much your only option.

*awaits more NFL hate/peanut-hugger digs*

NFL = Rugby Union for Girls

(thumbs u

Sorry! Can't let that go, have you actually played it? I have played rugby league (the harder version of rugby) and American football, have a go at it, then come back and tell us if you still think it is for girls. :sumo:

Too stop and start for my limited attention span and I never really got into Rugby League (Although I did try).

My limited sporting ability is focussed on Footy, Squash golf (Technically a game, not a sport) and Tae Kwon Do.

There are few pleasures in life as sweet as kicking someone in the head :) (legally)

NFL = Rugby Union for Girls

(thumbs u

Sorry! Can't let that go, have you actually played it? I have played rugby league (the harder version of rugby) and American football, have a go at it, then come back and tell us if you still think it is for girls. :sumo:

You don't even have to have a go - just watch the thing. One of the cheesy but true lines about the NFL is that it's not a contact sport, it's a collision sport.

"Oh but they wear tons of pads etc" - yes, and even with all that protection the injuries are sometimes horrific. Hits to the head are such a problem that new laws are being brought in most seasons to try and avoid concussions...

Like the way that batmiesta has also paved the way for an argument about which is harder out of union and league - nice work!

Too stop and start for my limited attention span and I never really got into Rugby League (Although I did try).

My limited sporting ability is focussed on Footy, Squash golf (Technically a game, not a sport) and Tae Kwon Do.

There are few pleasures in life as sweet as kicking someone in the head :) (legally)

Tae Kwon Do's for girls :whistle: