• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Glad I was out at a press screening of Captain America Winter Soldier rather than watching my team get stuffed yet again. :acclaim:

Is it as good as it looks?

:popcorn:

Andy is a tough nut to crack.

Glad I was out at a press screening of Captain America Winter Soldier rather than watching my team get stuffed yet again. :acclaim:

I don't want to give too much away, except that Johanssen and Jackson have far bigger roles in this film than any of the previous Marvel flicks.

Might be a few minor spoilers here...

It's an interesting bit of work, with a lot of tropes taken (ironically) from Man Of Steel - the film's incredibly violent, although it is leavened with a bit of humour. There's some historical context thrown in, although it is somewhat tacked on. It certainly looks good.

I would've settled for a few more character building rather than action sequences, but overall it's definitely as good as, if not better than, any of the other franchise sequels, and slightly superior to the first Cap effort. Good chemistry between Cap, Falcon, Widow and Fury, and the odd bit of amusing dialogue make up for the (very) unwieldy and scarcely believable plotting, not to mention the insanity of the fight scenes, some of which do test the old disbelief suspension.

Even though one such scene featuring Fury is genuinely funny and clever. Maybe that character could carry a film by himself - Jackson has far more comedic ability than any of his co-stars. Good fun even though it's business as usual.

I don't want to give too much away, except that Johanssen and Jackson have far bigger roles in this film than any of the previous Marvel flicks.

Might be a few minor spoilers here...

It's an interesting bit of work, with a lot of tropes taken (ironically) from Man Of Steel - the film's incredibly violent, although it is leavened with a bit of humour. There's some historical context thrown in, although it is somewhat tacked on. It certainly looks good.

I would've settled for a few more character building rather than action sequences, but overall it's definitely as good as, if not better than, any of the other franchise sequels, and slightly superior to the first Cap effort. Good chemistry between Cap, Falcon, Widow and Fury, and the odd bit of amusing dialogue make up for the (very) unwieldy and scarcely believable plotting, not to mention the insanity of the fight scenes, some of which do test the old disbelief suspension.

Even though one such scene featuring Fury is genuinely funny and clever. Maybe that character could carry a film by himself - Jackson has far more comedic ability than any of his co-stars. Good fun even though it's business as usual.

Sounds good, I cant wait to see it.

Twas a special day, when The Brown Bottle met Cider Woman...

Whaaat?Kev,you have not shown me that one....please do.Or Andy,if you have it kicking aboot....

Arrrseeeeffaarrgghhhen giyeonestakes yeeesallsorn....buurrpssfaarrrtsssfargiinshewsyeees....