• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Favorite Non-Comic Artist

67 posts in this topic

The one that hit the Peabody-Essex Museum? I saw it, great show.

I don't know how to narrow down a list, but Philip Guston and Jan Saudek leap to mind as favorites.

I saw it in DC and not at the PEM (odd since I'm from Boston), but yes, the same exhibit.

I always loved Derek Riggs art on those MAIDEN covers as a teenager, the artwork probably doubled their album sales:

The-Number-Of-The-Beast.jpg

killers2.jpg

Go to www.derekriggs.com.

Many Many years ago he did some tryout stuff for DC (I think he said Batman)

Contact him and see if he will do a commission for you.

Claude Monet. Hands down, no contest, every single time.

Monet_Bridge_overWaterLilyPond_HS9660.jpg

Went to the Getty in LA for the first time 2 weekends ago...saw some cool stuff, walking around, sculptures, photos, etc. Nothing notable, no "big" artists....

Noticed they had an impressionism paintings room....decided to check it out, as impressionism is by far my favorite period of painting...

..nearly died of rapture upon walking into a room filled with Monets, Renois, Van Gogh's Irises, Degas, Cezanne, Manet....

I had no idea these were here. When I saw Monet's Bridge Over the Water-Lily Pond. I nearly wet myself.

Here was a room filled with easily $500 Million worth of paintings...and I had no idea it was there.

Needless to say, best day of the year so far.

Robert Bateman's art speaks very deeply for me. I've got a large collection of his work and would have more if I only had more wall space. Even taught myself how to frame so I could get more of it up. These are some I have at my home and office.

cheetah siesta

bateman-cheetah_siesta.jpg

Tsitika and Her Son

bateman-tsitikaAndHerSons.jpg

Shadow of the Rainforest

bateman-shadow_of_the_rainforest.jpg