• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Avengers 57 CGC 9.8 on CL

106 posts in this topic

Agreed, Jim, and the point's been made already. By me, actually ( link ). Doesn't detract from the extraordinary run of 1965 - 1972 top census books in the Rocky Mountain collection/pedigree/thingee.

The books themselves appear to be absolutely beautiful and collectors should knock themselves out and pay whatever they want for books from the collection. But a pedigree-worthy collection it`s not, at least not until CGC starts pointing to a bunch of real keys in high grade.

I prefer this quote myself.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. [Matthew 7:120].

Selling any books?

Were you talking to me?

(shrug)

Always. To both. I'd never do unto another unless I'd have it done to myself first. Yes I have books for sale...do you have a want list?

:baiting:

I just remember mine being a touch better centered. After JIM #89 this is probably my favorite Marvel...it's not a rare book because of the era it was printed in (68/69) but man is it ever cool.

I just remember mine being a touch better centered. After JIM #89 this is probably my favorite Marvel...it's not a rare book because of the era it was printed in (68/69) but man is it ever cool.

great cover yes, but also yes, not rare. I guess after seeing it so much i got tired of this particular book... so seeing it in 9.8 doesn't excite me any more than a perfectly squared, well centered, white paged 9.2 -- some books in 9.8 (pressed or not) are really stunning. For me, SS#4 just doesn't get my juices flowing.

great cover yes, but also yes, not rare. I guess after seeing it so much i got tired of this particular book... so seeing it in 9.8 doesn't excite me any more than a perfectly squared, well centered, white paged 9.2 -- some books in 9.8 (pressed or not) are really stunning. For me, SS#4 just doesn't get my juices flowing.

Same here. There are a ton of books that I am much more impressed with. Avengers 57 being one of them.

Same here. There are a ton of books that I am much more impressed with. Avengers 57 being one of them.

I'd rather have the SS #4. I've never really been impressed by an Av #57.

In fact that is one of the runs (Av.) that I have never collected or been interested in.

I'd rather have the SS #4. I've never really been impressed by an Av #57.

In fact that is one of the runs (Av.) that I have never collected or been interested in.

I really like some of the Avengers stuff. Avengers57 is one of my favorite covers period, along with 4, and 16. I probably stand alone with 16, but ahve always loved the cover.

The SS4 is a nice cover, and there are a few in the run that I like. But none are top covers IMO. But I also think ASM 50 is a krappy cover.