• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SMORGASBORD OF ULTRA-HIGH GRADE JLAs

48 posts in this topic

at any rate, this end of the pool is a wee too deep for my poor wallet. but i find this thread instructive and entertaining, and of course wish you naught but the best in your sales!

They're all no reserve auctions, so what the hell, take a shot and maybe a book will slip through the cracks. We're in an economic depression, you know. :P

Anyways, as a wise man once said, the underbidder is just as important as the winning bidder. Put a different way, thrill bidding is accepted and encouraged! lol

I'll probably be the underbidder on a lot of these, but I'm hoping to pull through on at least one of them... :grin:

(thumbs u

My own picks for the must-haves from this run would be #24 (by a wide margin) and then #30 (despite the slight miswrap). After that, #23, #36, #35, #33 and #25 in that order.

Stop pimping your books, Honger

With those words of encouragement from our favorite Vancouver curmudgeon ringing in my ears, we come to the last JLA of this thread. It`s been fun, and don`t forget to tip the bartenders on your way out!

JLA #53.

CGC 9.8, White Pages.

Another beautiful Go-Go Checkered cover in the run. Tied with one other 9.8 copy at the top of the census.

Don`t know anything else about this book. I got it in the May 2005 Heritage auction, but it was not one of the books being sold by Ace_Silver.

jla53.jpg

First up is Justice League of America #17.

CGC 9.4 Off-white pages.

1 of 5 9.4 copies in the Census, with only one higher copy (9.6) having been certified by CGC thus far. Last two 9.4 copies on Heritage sold for $1792.50 each.

There`s not much I can disclose about the history of this book. It was sold by prominent JLA collector/board member Ace_Silver on Heritage`s May 2005 Signature Auction, which is where I won it. The book was originally a 9.4 old label and was cracked and resubbed by him through Heritage when he consigned the book, but he has confirmed to me that no pressing was done in conjunction with the resub. No idea who he got it from.

JLA17.jpg

SOLD! for $1195 to our own Paperheart! :applause: