• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would You Slab It?

27 posts in this topic

Gav,

At the moment, slabbing a book is going to run you roughly £35...you've got to factor in the shipping/insurance both ways, as well as the fee. With the exchange rate around $1.40, unless the book is worth a hell of a lot, I personally don't think it's worth it.

The other issue is storage space. Once you start seriously accumulating slabs, your house becomes markedly smaller. I've got 400 raw and 400 slabs. The slabs take up four times the space (12 boxes to 3 boxes). :eek:

The space is definitely an issue. We're looking to move to a bigger place now we have the two kids as space is definitely one thing we're short of. I can always store my slabs at my parents' until we get somewhere, but I think that sort of defeats the object, I like looking at them!

The price is the major factor versus what the book would actually be worth. I've just got that buzz of grading a book myself, then waiting to see what the experts give it. And opening that Fed Ex box is better than Christmas. Mind you, the #171 I had from you is going, that's well worth slabbing. As will the #95 so I will own at least one GA slab!

Just buy a copy already slabbed in the same or better condition and save yourself all of the associated costs on a very inexpensive comic.

If I ever come across one when I have the money in hand it will solve ALL my indecisions :grin: