• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If a crash does come....will anyone hear it in the forest?

36 posts in this topic

Yeah, that crash is undeniable...somewhat like the crash of a certain black-n-silver team from the bay area that made it to the SB last year? Actually, that crash was much worse!! 893whatthe.gif

What crash? I can't buy any NM book at guide anymore. It is getting frustrating. It is the best of times right now for sellers or high grade slabbed books.

Enough with the crash threads. This is a forum of comic enthusiasts, dealers and serious collectors who have their nose on what is going on. Talking about crashes is in bad taste on the CGC forum. If a crash is coming we will know it way before anybody else in the comic world knows it and maybe 2 minutes before you. hi.gif. If your intent is to be humorous then that is ok. Thanks,

If a crash is coming we will know it way before anybody else in the comic world knows it and maybe 2 minutes before you.

Funny, that's exactly what collector-investors said in the 1980's and 1990's, right before the bank came and foreclosed on their house.

Or as Ripley says to the bravado-laden Marines, right before they get wiped out:

"I hope you're right, I really do"

What crash? I can't buy any NM book at guide anymore. It is getting frustrating. It is the best of times right now for sellers or high grade slabbed books.

If your intent is to be humorous then that is ok. Thanks,

Books go up, books go down, but if one were to cry long enough that the wolf is going to come out of the forest and eat the sheep, eventually a wolf will come out and have dinner, now won't he? We'll know by the end of 2004 whether or not the Turtle's predicted crash comes to fruition - countdown is now a mere 383 days away...

When the turtle speaks, the sheep listen!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

If history repeats itself, we can we sure that some will become rich because of a " crash " In a "crash" ( buyers market) items ( any commodity ) will be had for a song ( asuming the selled needs to sell ), now the question is; Who will have money to spend on these items ? As the value of money may also " crash " and only those that had lots of money may be able to take advantage of the current market conditions !! tonofbricks.gif

Just my simple view.

That is true, assuming that after this upcoming depression, prices will rebound. Many thought the same thing in coins, cards, beanies, etc. and it may take decades to get your money back.

It's the old "buy low and sell lower" at work, and just like on the stock market, sometimes there isn't an overall recovery. Sometimes companies (and coins, cards & comics) just stay down.

Personally speaking, I feel the boat has already sailed for comic books, and trying to buy them up now (for any other reason than pure "gotta have it" collecting) is foolish.

I'm taking the "what I have is what I have" mentality, and other than some inexpensive Bronze issues I'm buying as a pure collector, I will not lay any serious money down at this point. I know I'd be flushing my cash, so I stick to the 70's books that are important to me personally.

Even when prices drop, I won't change my buying patterns, as I do not see demographics being in favor of a massive price charge back to current CGC-hyped levels.