• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC Con Report

30 posts in this topic

Hi everybody. I felt like making a con report. Not sure why...... (shrug)

So the day started out extremely early. Me my partner and my buddy got out there around 4:40am. We had a FANTASTIC drive out from Long Island that took a whopping 40 minutes. I dropped our stuff off and then headed off to find the best parking spot.

227240872_o.jpg

Then it was breakfast time. When I returned to the line I asked the person who was first what time they showed up. I got no answer at all. Maybe it was too early and a bad subject (shrug) cuz we were 8th.

227240899_o.jpg

So being 8th in line we were able to get some Fraction and Bendis autograph tickets which were useless to us. I sold one for ten bux! Too bad stan cancelled, I would too if I were being sued for that much!

So we spent our time in line partying it up tailgate style. (gotta stay warm somehow) Thankfully we got to go inside to a warm place at 7am. To me it still felt kind of dismal and gray at first in our new waiting spot.

227240974_o.jpg

227240944_o.jpg

227240917_o.jpg

This was Chris having an assasin's creed moment.

Then I took a lot of pictures of the freaky people walkin on in and some line shots.

227240991_o.jpg

This is who was in front of us.

227241015_o.jpg

This guy cracked me up!

227241080_o.jpg

227241048_o.jpg

This was too funny. The storm troopers gun got stuck under the big metal door. He almost fell over trying to pick it up. (I guess those suits are not that flexible) It was also extremely funny because he seemed pissed off at his storm trooper friend and ended up throwing his bag against the wall lol usually these guys keep their cool!

Alright so we got inside and headed to artist alley. I knew Finch would be at Fan Expo Canada at 11, but I thought I might have time to knock out another commission or two before I waited in his line. I have to say that this was an expensive con and that artists def. raised their prices. EXCEPT for FINCH.

I held down the Finch line while my buddies ran around and setup commissions and sigs. Normally I do this but I wanted to see what they could do, and I was having a nice time chatting with CGC boards one and only Peter Palmer and his lovely gf Sally. Nice to meet you guys :)

I was also talking to my boy Eton! him and his friend were chillin in the Finch line as well.

Truth be told. There are not a lot more pictures. What happened over the rest of the course of the day was both fun and extremely busy. I had a lot of signatures to get done and comissions to set up, and when you are there for one day you have to be so organized to pull it off. The good news was that we did! and the extremely few clients/friends books that we take on all got done. SO all in all I was really happy, I wish we could have setup more commissions but oh well. The ones I did get were awesome.

227248395_o.jpg

227241210_o.jpg

The absolute CLASS ACT Joe Sinnott. He absolutely DESTROYED (in the really excited good way) our commission! Now it is in Chandler's hands :) hmmmmmmm wonder why ;)

227241183_o.jpg

look familiar? Frank liked this book a lot. He also handled the book with more respect than I was expecting......

On a side note if I were coming back on Sunday I would have commissioned Frank hands down and to be honest I do not understand why his sketch list was not full. His prices are extremely reasonable.

dont worry, bottom right will keep it from a 9.8, for real.

he gave you my 9.8 contender! I smacked him in the head for that!

yeah I just did not have your cell number. nice job finding chris though!

:(

227248365_o.jpg

David Finch, his wife Merideth and their two kids are absolutely Great. I would commission him all day if I did not feel bad for the line behind me. He did some really tightly pencilled sketches for me and I am always grateful for the work that he puts into your commission. Truly a talent.

So to wrap my report up a few pictures I missed.

227248136_o.jpg

227241106_o.jpg

227241165_o.jpg

seriously tho. i have so few pics from inside because we all work our asses off. Big thanks goes out to Sharon for organizing my Stan Lee subs with us at the end. Also Paul L. and the CGC crew. I did not see any of them until the final hour of the con when we were finally finished. It was such a crazy day what else. Dan (par2ch) it was great meeting you and your sister. You are a class act all the way. For those I forgot oh well, we got in and got out. Job well done!