• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any dealings with Gary Dolgoff?

33 posts in this topic

I was wondering in any fellow forumers have had dealing with Gary Dolgoff? I have never bought from him before but he web-site has a few higher dollar but lower grade comics that I am VERY interested in. Usually when I have a first purchase from a dealer I buy a few cheap things, get a scoop on their grading, service etc. but I am afraid if I do that the books I want will be gone, so I am thinking of just risking it with a big (for me at least) first order. He does mention he is a tight grader and has some samples on the site that make me a little more comfortable but I wondered what you guys had to say. Thanks!!

Been buying from him on an irregular basis for over fifteen years. He generally undergrades books. his F-VFs are very often newstand new NMs. His Goods are VGs.Excellant seller,good packing,not always the quickest shipper but he make up for it with some freebies when it occurs.I'd say- Buy with confidence.If you are ever close, a trip to his warehouse is like a trip to Santa's workshop.

U should not have any problems with Dolgoff's grading. Just watch the page quality as his comics have been sitting in the unairconditioned warehouse for decades.

That's what I find with Koch as well. I buy some of his warehouse copies on EBay (it's classic to read "missing links" from your childhood) and find the covers are in exceptional shape, but the page quality is off many times.

Great guy!

Altough it's been a few years... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My last purchuse was ASM 101-150 run in GVG at $3 a book off eBay just before the movie hype set in.

Some of the books were close to Fine including the 129.

One of my best deals ever. grin.gif

Could not agree with the consensus more, especially the if all dealers, especially the big one's were like Gary. He really exemplifies the idea of "Not squeezing the breath out of customers on every deal, so that they keep coming back, which in turn maximizes profit over time."

You wanna know the true test of a seller and I try to carry this into my own meager comic sales? "What they do when something goes wrong, or there is a dispute." I'm not saying they bend over and turtle every time but do they see the big picture and treat you as amicably when times are tough as they do when things are good. Recent posts on this board should have brought this to light and I would think that their is an overwhelming percentage of ppl who have dealt with Mr. Dolgoff, myself included who have nothing but 893applaud-thumb.gif for him. And if you look at the deals quoted, its not ground breaking earth shattering stuff, but his busines practise is the same for the $5 to the $5000 and well thats where I drop off but others I am sure can chime in on the $50,000.

After reading this post I find myself 10_1_102.gif for not buying more often off Gary and Doug for that matter - sometimes the variety of sellers pulls you away inadvertantly from the best foreheadslap.gif That will change very soon. grin.gif

*sniff*....

I got a call for Gary, seems like the book I wanted was a mistake listed on the website and he doesn't have it. confused-smiley-013.gif

However he did suggesting sending my want list and saying we could work something out, so.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'll let you guys know how this turns out. Usually I would have just asked for a refund, but from the comments here I think I should give them a chance...