• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Desert Wind Challenge Thread

298 posts in this topic

Challenge: Grandenetti witnessed signatures on an unlimited amount of trooper books.

If Done: $500

If Not done in 6 months time: A Joseph Lisner "Dawn" paratrooper sketch on a Fallen son book.

FAIL

I've got a Steve Ditko Fallen Son Sketch cover with Spider-man holding the Captain America shield. I was able to get the whole cast of Spider-man 1 to sign the back and it's graded CGC 10 SS.

But it's locked away and I refuse to show it to anyone.

:kidaround:

I've got a Steve Ditko Fallen Son Sketch cover with Spider-man holding the Captain America shield. I was able to get the whole cast of Spider-man 1 to sign the back and it's graded CGC 10 SS.

But it's locked away and I refuse to show it to anyone.

Hmmm...now if you woulda said signed by Mike Ditka...I woulda been on board. :roflmao:

C

Actually, he signed the back along with the cast of the movie. I'm pretty sure there's a rule that any book he signs gets an automatic 10.

Ditka...

Bears...

Polish Sausage...

-Chris Farley

Actually, he signed the back along with the cast of the movie. I'm pretty sure there's a rule that any book he signs gets an automatic 10.

Ditka...

Bears...

Polish Sausage...

-Chris Farley

He's #1 :applause:

Mike_Ditka.jpg

"If Mike Ditka submitted 8 comics to CGC how many would get graded 10.0?"

Answer: "Minimum Eight-Peat." (worship)

C

CHALLENGE:

1970 Conan #1 Mexican Edition signed by Arnold Schwarzenegger (In 18 Months)

IF IT GETS DONE:

400$

IF IT DOESN'T GET DONE:

One free signing on my L'uomo Ragno 149 Corno Ed. by Romita/W Sketch

CHALLENGE:

1970 Conan #1 Mexican Edition signed by Arnold Schwarzenegger (In 18 Months)

IF IT GETS DONE:

400$

IF IT DOESN'T GET DONE:

One free signing on my L'uomo Ragno 149 Corno Ed. by Romita/W Sketch

I'd rather have the Romita book than the Arnie book...

I'd say the Incentive for him needs to be increased also. $400 for an action star-turned-governor isn't a lot.

can't say and can't show sorry.

More like "can't come up with something good off the top of my head and definitely can't photoshop well enough."

And just so I've got this right: you're claiming to have these "ultimate female celebrity sigs," but you'll never sell 'em, never show 'em, and never even say what they are? Excuse me if my BS alarm is going off... :whistle:

More like "can't come up with something good off the top of my head and definitely can't photoshop well enough."

And just so I've got this right: you're claiming to have these "ultimate female celebrity sigs," but you'll never sell 'em, never show 'em, and never even say what they are? Excuse me if my BS alarm is going off... :whistle:

your alarm is malfunctioning.

CHALLENGE:

Get a copy of any of the first volume of Grateful Dead Comix signed by all of the remaining members of the Grateful Dead which would include Phil Lesh, Mickey Hart, Bob Weir, Bill Kreutzmann, and any other members you feel necessary (ie Hornsby, etc)

If it gets done : I would pay $1000 cash, but I am sure Borock would spend a LOT more than that for this piece

If it doesnt get done: Ill take any of the sigs on an SS copy, and pay for the cost :)

your alarm is malfunctioning.

Only one way to know for sure:

Show the goods. :sumo:

CHALLENGE:

Get a copy of any of the first volume of Grateful Dead Comix signed by all of the remaining members of the Grateful Dead which would include Phil Lesh, Mickey Hart, Bob Weir, Bill Kreutzmann, and any other members you feel necessary (ie Hornsby, etc)

If it gets done : I would pay $1000 cash, but I am sure Borock would spend a LOT more than that for this piece

If it doesnt get done: Ill take any of the sigs on an SS copy, and pay for the cost :)

That is a great one!

I'm LOVING a lot of these ideas!

Maybe I'm alone here, but offering just a cash incentive if the challenge is completed seems a little boring. I saw someone was willing to offer a piece of OA from their collection and I offered to fly them out first class to a con. Let's see some more creative wagers!

How about some more books put on the line? Maybe this would be easier if we knew a few of the books that Chandler had in his personal collection that he'd wager if he failed!

The witnesses could offer their services during a show while Chandler and Sharon take a day to enjoy it (Much like MutantKeys suggested).

Or maybe even something like Alphatrion1's, offering something in the form of public humiliation. What do you say?