• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- Seeding Round

157 posts in this topic

I've received a few questions and below are the answers:

ASM 133- There is not a tear at the FC upper staple.

Avengers 100- There is some yellow color spray on top of the book visible from the back scan.

Defenders 38- There is not a stain on the LRFC. There is not a tear at the URFC. The white dimple at the center of the scan is not on the book- it is a small piece of dust inside the case which the scanner picked up.

Watchmen 1- There is not a tear at the BC lower staple.

Hope these Help! (thumbs u

Below is the current prize list. As I mentioned in the announcement thread, I will match any additional donations with a prize until we hit 16.

:news:Prize List: :news:

1. Mystery Prize. (You must be attending San Diego Con, Chicago or Philly Wizard this year to pick this prize)- $50 value

2. Iron Man 99 CGC 9.6

3. X-Men 126 CGC 9.2

4. X-Men 278 CGC 9.6

Below is the current prize list. As I mentioned in the announcement thread, I will match any additional donations with a prize until we hit 16.

1. Mystery Prize. (You must be attending San Diego Con, Chicago or Philly Wizard this year to pick this prize)- $50 value

2. Iron Man 99 CGC 9.6

3. X-Men 126 CGC 9.2

4. X-Men 278 CGC 9.6

5. The Shadow #1 (11/73) CGC 7.5 White (divad)

Prize added :grin:

2. Iron Man 99 CGC 9.6

3. X-Men 126 CGC 9.2

4. X-Men 278 CGC 9.6

Lemme see if I can hunt something up to add to the prize list Tom...

I don't know about everyone else but I found grading these 10 books pretty difficult...I could easily see being .2 off on all 10... :frustrated:

Just went back and re-graded 5 books...GRADES SENT! :sumo:

(Tom...will you seed the players privately and keep these books in the grading contest, or will the grades all be revealed for these books and we'll be moving on to new books?)

2. Iron Man 99 CGC 9.6

3. X-Men 126 CGC 9.2

4. X-Men 278 CGC 9.6

(thumbs u SUWEET!

Lemme see if I can hunt something up to add to the prize list Tom...

I don't know about everyone else but I found grading these 10 books pretty difficult...I could easily see being .2 off on all 10... :frustrated:

That is one of the changes from last year. I think there were 16 books in the seeding round. The rest of the way it will be only four per round.

Prizes... (thumbs u

I have a box due back from CGC- we'll see what goodies are in it. :wishluck:

Just went back and re-graded 5 books...GRADES SENT! :sumo:

(Tom...will you seed the players privately and keep these books in the grading contest, or will the grades all be revealed for these books and we'll be moving on to new books?)

Seeding will be done internally, and I guaranty, as stated in the announcement thread, that it will be a controversial topic.. :makepoint: (What would March Madness be without a seeding controversy.) (shrug) Especially since this year, the way the scoring works, there are going to be teams with a great winning percentage but not as many wins as other teams.

Grades of the books will be posted and as well as team records. We'll move on to grading new books in the tournament.

:news:Prize List Update: :news:

2. Iron Man 99 CGC 9.6

3. X-Men 126 CGC 9.2

4. X-Men 278 CGC 9.6

5. The Shadow #1 (11/73) CGC 7.5 White (Donated by Divad)

6. The Crow #1 NM- (Not First Print)

I'm sure the Crow will find a home more appreciative.