• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

you got screwed... Hope you were not buying it just for the autograph ... On the plus side though you have a unsigned variant you can send in next time to be signed & cgc yellow label unlike all those others that will be green label or whatever

Edited by synch

Ha! I just noticed that IDW did the same thing with The Cape! When I pre-ordered that one it arrived with no signature and the bar code was placed over the words "signed edition" but you could tell those words were there. Now I see official signed editions of The Cape online, too! What the hell?

The weird thing is that the unsigned copy of Clockworks that I got didn't have the words "signed edition" on it like they usually do so I just thought they decided not to do a signed one this time. But now that I see them on the "bay" and they all still say "RI" cover not "RI-B" or whatever...Darn it to heck! :frustrated:

answer yes others still like it

(shrug) honestly i don't know why you would even ask the walking dead topics will not die out simply because you drop the book doh!

Edited by synch

Because Jerel kept this thread going when others didn't care. He introduced the title to many board members and pretty much deserves a commission.

Walking Dead on the other hand had many followers long before I ever heard of the title. I can't even claim to be a major contributer.

And given the majority of your posts you have no room to criticize.

And looking at this thread it was started in March 2009 and had 5 pages by January 2010 when Jerel started posting. From Jan 2010 until July 2011 when Jerel left it went from 5 pages to 237! Over the last 4 months without him there has been 20 pages and most of the posts seem to be sales and purchases. No plot lines, interesting facts etc..

So my comment is not completely without cause small fry. :makepoint:

And looking at this thread it was started in March 2009 and had 5 pages by January 2010 when Jerel started posting. From Jan 2010 until July 2011 when Jerel left it went from 5 pages to 237! Over the last 4 months without him there has been 20 pages and most of the posts seem to be sales and purchases. No plot lines, interesting facts etc..

So my comment is not completely without cause small fry. :makepoint:

+1

I miss Jerel's comments and his knowledge of the title, creative team and publisher. Just isn't the same.

Hmmm. Apparently the 1:25 Clockworks #1 variant was supposed to be signed? I remember reading that when I ordered my copy waaaay back when. The choices were the regular cover and the 1:25 cover. There was no 1:10 variant, right?...When it arrived in the mail it was not signed but everyone I talked to said it was still a 1:25 variant...but 1:25's are usually the signed variant. Now I see several official signed variants on ebay...

Oh, and the signed edition is still designated as the "RI" cover just as the unsigned one was...Unlike, for instance, the Headgames variants which were designated as "RI-A" (the black and white sketch 1:10) and "RI-B" (the signed 1:25).

What is going on here?

(shrug)

There was also supposed to be a 1:100 sketch variant that was an actual sketch that was recently quietly cancelled. My LCS is inquiring about this because I ordered 100 clockworks just for this variant. Better be some compensation!

Hmmm. Apparently the 1:25 Clockworks #1 variant was supposed to be signed? I remember reading that when I ordered my copy waaaay back when. The choices were the regular cover and the 1:25 cover. There was no 1:10 variant, right?...When it arrived in the mail it was not signed but everyone I talked to said it was still a 1:25 variant...but 1:25's are usually the signed variant. Now I see several official signed variants on ebay...

Oh, and the signed edition is still designated as the "RI" cover just as the unsigned one was...Unlike, for instance, the Headgames variants which were designated as "RI-A" (the black and white sketch 1:10) and "RI-B" (the signed 1:25).

What is going on here?

(shrug)

There was also supposed to be a 1:100 sketch variant that was an actual sketch that was recently quietly cancelled. My LCS is inquiring about his because I ordered 100 clockworks just for this variant. Better be some compensation!

D'oh. The publisher should take the 100 copies back under the pretense that they didn't supply their end of the advertised bargin (i.e. the 1:100 variant). I wonder why the cancelled it? Maybe they didn't sell enough of the regular cover to justify it?