• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Anyone else hit up Skelton's site at 12:01 EST on New Year's? :) I was sitting at our backyard fire pit with iPhone in hand waiting for this thing to go live.

http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/product/moon-key

I'm so glad they made the moon key so quickly after that one-shot came out- one of my favorite L&K stories to date.

Anyone else hit up Skelton's site at 12:01 EST on New Year's? :) I was sitting at our backyard fire pit with iPhone in hand waiting for this thing to go live.

I'm so glad they made the moon key so quickly after that one-shot came out- one of my favorite L&K stories to date.

It's cool looking but I would rather apply that money to something else, still need some signed stuff.

It's cool looking but I would rather apply that money to something else, still need some signed stuff.

:gossip: I believe the first 400 Moon Keys come with the tag signed by Joe Hill.

ohh yeah i have that .

I wonder if we are ever going to see the piolet that sttupid fox passed on .

That is Fox for you. Hopefully someone with deep pockets will pick it up and make a series out of it like Showtime or HBO.

i read that the 1st ep was all 1st 6 comics . i wouldn't mind if they did that for all of them and made them small movies , none the less it should be made aired and enjoyed because L&K is amazing

HBO SHOWTIME would be ideal

Ok apparently there are 2 locke and key #4 with different colored lettering for the title(gold and black). Can anyone enlighten me which Locke and key #4 is 1st print or more superior in terms of value? I'm a bit confused, I did a google search but found nothing. :pullhair:

Ok apparently there are 2 locke and key #4 with different colored lettering for the title(gold and black). Can anyone enlighten me which Locke and key #4 is 1st print or more superior in terms of value? I'm a bit confused, I did a google search but found nothing. :pullhair:

Where did that info come from? I've only ever seen #4 with the gold reflective title. I have heard, though, that IDW printed up a second batch (but still called it a first print) using flimsier paper stock and slightly lighter colors. I have never heard of a #4 with a black title, though.

Anyone with more information on this....?

Oops. Just realized the black logo was actually the gold foil version. It looks a lot more black than the 1st print which also has a gold logo. Got confused why sellers were calling it gold foil when it was black. Saw a close up of a Cgc one which says gold foil and had a clearer look at the fonts.

I swear it looks black from a distance. :insane:

Just read on Joe Hill's twitter that the next two standalone issues of Locke & Key will be called "Cast of Characters" and "Guide to Keyhouse." They will both have separate 16 page stories in them just like "Guide to the Known Keys." :)

I hope there really is more to come after Omega is over. Don't know if I would be able to live through Locke & Key withdrawals...