• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

ohh yeah i have that .

I wonder if we are ever going to see the piolet that sttupid fox passed on .

That is Fox for you. Hopefully someone with deep pockets will pick it up and make a series out of it like Showtime or HBO.

I just listened to an interview with Joe Hill that was posted yesterday and he said there is a lot of continuing interest in doing Locke & Key as a TV show and that they are in a position to get the rights back if Fox doesn't move forward with the pilot. He sounded VERY optimistic about it. You can listen to the entire interview here (about an hour long):

http://www.acmewaveprojector.com/2012/01/acmecast-62-welcome-to-lovecraft.html

The interview starts about 8:30 in and he talks about the show about 35 minutes in.

ohh yeah i have that .

I wonder if we are ever going to see the piolet that sttupid fox passed on .

That is Fox for you. Hopefully someone with deep pockets will pick it up and make a series out of it like Showtime or HBO.

I just listened to an interview with Joe Hill that was posted yesterday and he said there is a lot of continuing interest in doing Locke & Key as a TV show and that they are in a position to get the rights back if Fox doesn't move forward with the pilot. He sounded VERY optimistic about it. You can listen to the entire interview here (about an hour long):

http://www.acmewaveprojector.com/2012/01/acmecast-62-welcome-to-lovecraft.html

The interview starts about 8:30 in and he talks about the show about 35 minutes in.

Cool news!

could be fun if it happens... sucks that fox is screwing with him & simply not giving the them back if they are not going to do anything with it them self

Agreed, Fox needs to or get off the pot!

This show has the makings to be something big and Fox would be screwing them selves however if they don't act on it.

hrm i have to say i have no interest in playing a locke & key card game ... If I want to play a card game I will stick with MTG :) Honestly I am surprised this even came out ... Walking dead this is not ...

Does anyone know what the physical difference between the legacy and limited edition keys are? I mean besides the fact that they come with a limited slip and even less are signed. I just found out about them tonight by accident. Also, how are the heft of them? Do they feel nice and heavy? Are they well made? People seem to really love them. They look awesome. I can't wait for the Angel and Undertree/Chain key (one of my favorite designs). I really just want one nice limited edition one (I don't like the look of the Hercules key that much, and that is the only one not sold out.) Thanks for the help guys.

angel key is coming soon they keys are made really well they may not feel heavy but they are just keys so they shouldn't anyways ... the keys will fit in your hand for the most part size wise ... & the detail on them is great! Remember the guys that make these are fans of the book them self so they are not going to F**** them up

Does anyone know what the physical difference between the legacy and limited edition keys are? I mean besides the fact that they come with a limited slip and even less are signed. I just found out about them tonight by accident. Also, how are the heft of them? Do they feel nice and heavy? Are they well made? People seem to really love them. They look awesome. I can't wait for the Angel and Undertree/Chain key (one of my favorite designs). I really just want one nice limited edition one (I don't like the look of the Hercules key that much, and that is the only one not sold out.) Thanks for the help guys.

Welcome to the boards. The keys are spectacular. As the difference between limited and legacy, think serial numbered and reprints. The limited editions typically come with a serial number and in short supply, whereas the legacy editions do not have have a limit and will not come with a serial number. Other than that, the quality of both is stellar. I love my collection of Keys and get compliments about them frequently.

Here is the e-mail I got from the skeltoncrew:

"Thanks for the note. Legacy and limiteds are often different colors, often with the legacy being the color that the key appeared on the cover (Head, Herc.) Sometimes the difference is physical (the legacy Ghost has eye holes, the limited didn't.) And sometimes we skip a limited version because we think a key might be popular and don't want to limit ourselves to 500 or 1,000 (Shadow, for instance.) Hope that all helps a little.

The Angel Key is due out in two weeks and we are aiming for May for Undertree."

Hope this helps everyone out in some small way.