• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Just in case anyone is interested, JH did an interview this week and talked for a bit about the Locke & Key TV show.

The question was, "Is there any hope of ever seeing Locke & Key in another medium?'

His reply: "Yes...I do think that there is still a good chance that there will be some sort of TV or movie future for Locke & Key...Conversations have continued about it. The whole creative team involved with it still wants it to happen...I think that we've got a decent shot, so we'll see."

I for one think if they do continue to pursue this it should be a movie. Then they wouldn't have to stray so far away from the comics to fill up entire seasons of episodes. Plus, they would have a bigger budget to work with and wouldn't have to worry about toning down the violence or omitting scenes just because it's on TV.

They talked about a whole lot more during the interview, too. If you want to listen to the whole thing, it is at the Comic Book Club website.

Edited by Jsco

So looking at the news it looks like the music box key may be the next sdcc exclusive ...

* Making plans already for SDCC. Hope to meet a lot of you there. I do plan an exclusive, one that I hope is music to your ears.

Kyool beans!!

So looking at the news it looks like the music box key may be the next sdcc exclusive ...

* Making plans already for SDCC. Hope to meet a lot of you there. I do plan an exclusive, one that I hope is music to your ears.

Is that a quote from Skelton Crew?

Kyool beans!!

Is that a quote from Skelton Crew?

Its in the website in the news section the music key is just a guess on my part but when they drop a hint like "music to your ears " .... what else could it be lol

MojoComics, I will too! Joe Hill is an amazing writer and Gabriel Rodriguez is an amazing artist. A lot of times when I'm reading other comics without those guys I find myself feeling like there's just a little something missing. I think I've been spoiled because JH and GR are such a great team. Just like chocolate and peanut butter :grin:

Hey synch, I do think that judging the popularity of the keys or the comics themselves by the participation on this board might not be a good idea, since this IS a CGC board and unfortunately it seems like a lot of people just wanted Locke & Key to make them a little money. Did you notice how just about everyone stopped posting here when they found out there wasn't going to be a TV show? (shrug) Kinda sucks because that was right around the time I started posting :( I'm glad the people who stayed are still here, though :)

ComicDiva89: That is one sweet display!!! (thumbs u

I wish the signatures were on the same side as the limitation number, don't you?

Thank you. I haven't purchased Israel's latest keys but I will and then another update will be in order. The Angel and Animal key will look awesome I'm sure.

You make a good point jsco :)

Picture036.jpg

a couple of pics the pics do not do the keys justice imo ...

Picture037.jpg

I have the paw key hanging off the arm of my green lantern bust lol Its simply too pretty to just hang up with the others amazing detail on that ...

Edited by synch

From Joe Hill's blog:

"Am off to San Diego for what Warren Ellis warmly describes as Nerd Prom; will be signing books and running my gob, as usual. There’s also a chance I might get to pull on the black turtleneck and play Steve Jobs during the Locke & Key panel. I’m still in wait-and-see mode, but with luck, I’ll have an opportunity to say “Oh, and one more thing…” before we wrap up. So that should be fun."

I wonder what it means. I am very intrigued...

Just to be sure I'm posting in this thread as well :)

Unfortunately my buddy Monstermonkey79 is unable to attend the SDCC so hopefully one of you fellow collectors out there is willing to help out a Locke & Key / Joe Hill fan from The Netherlands. :wishluck:

I would really like to obtain a copy of the SDCC exclusive edition of Clockworks hardcover (obviously it would be absolutely fantastic if it's signed Joe & Gabe). Please send me a PM if you can help & thanks !

Well, whatever the "secret" about Locke & Key is, it looks like Joe Hill got the go-ahead to talk about it during his L & K panel at SDCC on Saturday. He also said that there will be an announcement through "official channels" tomorrow :) I can't wait to find out what it is!

Well, whatever the "secret" about Locke & Key is, it looks like Joe Hill got the go-ahead to talk about it during his L & K panel at SDCC on Saturday. He also said that there will be an announcement through "official channels" tomorrow :) I can't wait to find out what it is!

I have the feeling it'll have something to do with the pilot of the tv-series like a release on DVD of the pilot. we'll know it in a bit. :wishluck:

From Joe Hill's blog:

"Am off to San Diego for what Warren Ellis warmly describes as Nerd Prom; will be signing books and running my gob, as usual. There’s also a chance I might get to pull on the black turtleneck and play Steve Jobs during the Locke & Key panel. I’m still in wait-and-see mode, but with luck, I’ll have an opportunity to say “Oh, and one more thing…” before we wrap up. So that should be fun."

I wonder what it means. I am very intrigued...

Could he be referring to this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since leaving the series that made him a household name, Daniel Radcliffe has chosen roles deliberately and with an eye for variety. For his next role, however, he's set to return to the fantasy genre. But "Horns" is no "Harry Potter."

The film is an adaptation of a book by Joe Hill (a best-selling author whose dad you may have heard of, Stephen King) and Radcliffe will play the peculiarly named main character Ig Perrish. In "Horns," Ig is the primary suspect in the investigation of his girlfriend's brutal rape and murder. The fantasy aspect comes into play when Ig wakes up from a night of drinking only to find a set of horns growing out of his head.

Edited by prodigy44