• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Same thing happened to my WD #2 it was Blue Labeled as a first print...I sent it in for a Kirkman signing and it came back correct as a second print doh!

wow I'd have been contacting cgc & telling them they sent me back the wrong book (shrug) DId you know it was a 2nd print ? :roflmao:

It really sucks when CGC makes mistakes like these. I know they rectify it for free but IMO they should easily stump up the shipping, it was their mistake after all.

I fully agree on that we pay to have the books shipped to them & graded & pay to have them shipped back & THEY make a mistake & we have to pay shipping a ll over again ?.. That is up beyond words if you ask me ! I could understand if this was some sleezy ebay seller but cgc is a professional company here they should suck it up! None of this we made the mistake you pay for it bs

Edited by synch

You don't pay shipping for CGC errors.

Yes you do. This book was assigned a slot without me sending it back. I have two mislabelled books that I'll never get corrected because I won't pay $110 in shipping there and back. $30 there, $80 back.

You don't pay shipping for CGC errors.

Yes you do. This book was assigned a slot without me sending it back. I have two mislabelled books that I'll never get corrected because I won't pay $110 in shipping there and back. $30 there, $80 back.

Wow! I have never paid shipping for a CGC error.

And your example does not state CGC would not pay shipping. I see your question but not the answer.

It was via PM. The answer was something along the lines of 'email a photo of the book over and a slot will be assigned.' In other words, they wouldn't be paying shipping.

And your example does not state CGC would not pay shipping. I see your question but not the answer.

It was via PM. The answer was something along the lines of 'email a photo of the book over and a slot will be assigned.' In other words, they wouldn't be paying shipping.

Seems quite reasonable. In your example and postage expense I would tend to agree with their solution. I would not be surprised if they offered to pay half to an insistent customer ;)

In Canada's case the shipping is a much more reasonable $12. Wouldn't one slab from your side of the pond be under $30? Or was there 2 to send in?

Seems quite reasonable. In your example and postage expense I would tend to agree with their solution. I would not be surprised if they offered to pay half to an insistent customer ;)

In Canada's case the shipping is a much more reasonable $12. Wouldn't one slab from your side of the pond be under $30? Or was there 2 to send in?

There were two to go, it would be near enough $30. And $80 is what CGC charge, not what it costs. (thumbs u

There were two to go, it would be near enough $30. And $80 is what CGC charge, not what it costs. (thumbs u

Well if you're still relying on their shipping charge you need to PM me. lol

Well if you're still relying on their shipping charge you need to PM me. lol

:makepoint: