• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Input

47 posts in this topic

This has probably been discussed before. And I know it could be like asking you guys should I collect DC or Marvel, but If you had a top 10 list of signatures of artists to get ( must be living and obtainable) who would make your list. Signatures that perhaps 10 years from now you could be like name Im so happy I got this guys signature. Or just plain this is a signature to have for any SS collector.

(shrug)

Well here is my list

1. Frank Miller

2. Garth Ennis

3. Neil Gaiman

4. Stan Lee

5. John Romita

6. Todd Mcfarlane

7. Jim Lee

8. Alex Ross

9. Frank Frazetta

10. Sheldon Moldoff

Now keep in mind these are all guys that attend conventions or do signings.

If you want a list of my top ten that might be a little harder to get that would be different.

In no particular Order

1. Frank Miller

2. Eric Larsen

3. George PErez

4. Stan Lee

5. John Romita

6. Todd Mcfarlane

7. Jim Lee

8. Alex Ross

9. Frank Frazetta

10. Mark Bagley

I thought that the signatures had to be "obtainable." Other than the fluke occurrence in which Kris was able to get Frank Miller to sign something because they were both catching a smoke at the same time, has anybody been able to get him to sign anything in recent memory? (shrug)

I thought that the signatures had to be "obtainable." Other than the fluke occurrence in which Kris was able to get Frank Miller to sign something because they were both catching a smoke at the same time, has anybody been able to get him to sign anything in recent memory? (shrug)

Frank Used to be very obtainable. between 2005 and 2006 he signed a total of 75 items for me that were for signature series.

Plus If you catch him with no crowd and a marker you can sometimes get one or two. So I call that obtainable

1. Frank Miller

2. Stan Lee

3. Frank Frazetta

4. Neal Adams

5. John Romita Sr.

6. Jim Lee

7. Alex Ross

8. Ed McGuinnes

9. Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale Duo

10. Adam West (Just because of Batman and Family Guy)

In order:

Frank Frazetta

Alex Ross (already have one book)

Jim Lee (already have one non SS book)

John Romita Sr.

George Perez (already have one non SS book)

John Byrne

Frank Miller

Larry Hama

Todd McFarlane (have a SS coming from Phx CC)

James Jean

In no order....

Todd McFarlane

Alex Ross

Steve Niles

Rob Zombie

Claudia Black

Gigi Edgely (sp?)

Frank Frazetta

Tim Sale

Ben Templesmith

Joe Jusko

The question was ten obtainable signatures Rob Zombie is not obtainable I have been trying for 4 years now and still haven't got one. That means it is pretty much unobtainable

In no order....

Todd McFarlane

Alex Ross

Steve Niles

Rob Zombie

Claudia Black

Gigi Edgely (sp?)

Frank Frazetta

Tim Sale

Ben Templesmith

Joe Jusko

The question was ten obtainable signatures Rob Zombie is not obtainable I have been trying for 4 years now and still haven't got one. That means it is pretty much unobtainable

Interesting how you define "obtainable." Unless you were face to face with Rob Zombie and he refused to sign, I suppose you could always say that you might happen to catch him away from the crowds with a marker and a book to sign, and as such he would be obtainable. :insane:

A good friend of mine was supposed to get rob to sign for me almost 2 years ago. This friend happened to be a witness. He was even with rob when the question came up security freaked and rob pretty much said I am to busy right now but later in the future. Still no rob zombie. This to me says that it is not gonna happen any time in the near future. And with 3 new movies coming out and a new album I don't think he is going to be any less popularity anytime soon.

1.Chespirito (Of Chapulin Colorado Fame,he's like 85 now, doesn't do cons or signings but, does do appearances :wishluck: , met him when I was 8)

2.Steranko

3.Romita Sr

4.Frazetta

5.McFarlane

6.J Shooter

7.Frenz

8.Adam West (only the sig, not personalized)

9.N Adams

10.Trimpe

, I completely forgot about Steranko. doh! I'll revise.

In order:

Frank Frazetta

Alex Ross (already have one book)

Jim Lee (already have one non SS book)

Jim Steranko

John Romita Sr.

George Perez (already have one non SS book)

John Byrne

Frank Miller

Larry Hama

Todd McFarlane (have a SS coming from Phx CC)

I'd put Steve Ditko, Stephen King and Alan Moore on the list, but I know they are not obtainable, or at least near impossible.

I believe it or not I do not have a single book with a sig on it... the only reason im aloud in this forum is because of my sketches lol my top 10 for those in terms of people who are not impossible are

1. McNiven

2. John Romita Sr

3. Alex Ross

4. Joe Sinnott

5. Adan Hughes

6. Adi Granov

7. Dell'otto

8. Maleev

9. John Byrne

10. Lenil Yu

In no order....

Todd McFarlane

Alex Ross

Steve Niles

Rob Zombie

Claudia Black

Gigi Edgely (sp?)

Frank Frazetta

Tim Sale

Ben Templesmith

Joe Jusko

I still have hope! (thumbs u