• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it me or is this just wrong?????

50 posts in this topic

Hopefully this isn't someone on the boards, thats going to punch me in the eye if they ever met me.

Not only is 1st and keys a board member, but he is also a NYC police officer. So, when he meets you, he doesn't have to punch you in the eye. He can shoot you. :)

Hopefully this isn't someone on the boards, thats going to punch me in the eye if they ever met me.

Not only is 1st and keys a board member, but he is also a NYC police officer. So, when he meets you, he doesn't have to punch you in the eye. He can shoot you. :)

^^

Nothing wrong / fishy, but I do believe the days of a fat ASM 300 markup are long since gone. Still an A+ issue in my book though--great cover, great interior, and fun story!

Until the next Venom movie....

And he's danny's uncle so he can get MutantKeys to menacingly lob chicken fingers at you.

Please......anything but the tasers. Can't we all just get along. On a serious note. I did a little research and I see that this same issue not signed in 9.8 is going for $450. So that brings me to my next non-insulting question (Sorry 1st and Keys). How is a reprint worth just as much, if not more than the original?

A chromium Amazing Spider-man 300 doesn't exist. A marvel collectible classic #1 (which is a chromium reprint of Amazing Spider-man 300) does exist. The book was reprinted in 1998. Here is an example....look closely at the name.

http://www.wwillie.com/p-15-marvel-collectible-classics-spider-man-1-cgc-98.aspx

Now here is the original book I posted. Also look closely at the name.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-300-Chrome-SS-CGC-9.8--Lee-McFarlane_W0QQitemZ330298723223QQcmdZViewItem

The same goes for Spider-man #1 people are confusing the Platinum cover with Marvel Collectible classics #2.

Now once you have seem both covers, you can clearly tell the difference.

Spider-man #1 Platinum edition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spider-Man-Platinum-Edition-%231-CGC-9.8-Todd-McFarlane_W0QQitemZ270350597580QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090227?IMSfp=TL090227115002r14798

Marvel Collectible Classic #2, I saw one of these being sold on ebay as Spider-man #1 Platinum edition (CGC SS 9.8 signed by McFarlane) over a month ago for 1K.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Spider-Man-1-Marvel-Classics-2-CGC-9-8-WP_W0QQitemZ380040062680QQihZ025QQcategoryZ17082QQcmdZViewItem

This isn't a diss towards 1st and Keys or any one else. I just wondering how come these reprints are worth just as much/if not more than the original?

(worship)

When I started this thread, my intentions weren't to bash anyone. If I look like a fool, fine I will take that. If 1st and Keys takes this thread as an insult, I'm sorry. My intentions were to find out how this reprint is equal to value of the original comic. I considered asking the question on these boards as research. Most of the people here would consider themselves as comic experts. I still haven't received an answer, so I will assume that no one knows.

:screwy:

the point is this. You mention a specific ebay listing and are asking is it me or is this just wrong? Thus implying something is wrong errr maybe.

It is a buy it now best offer..........so what......happens all the time on ebay.

I dont care if it is a reprint or not......it is a buy it now best offer. My advice is to not get hit with such a high ebay listing fee for the super high price but other than that it is an extremely professional look and tough to get sigs........on a 9.8.....Not bad. Easily arguably a 500 dollar book in my opinion maybe.......with the right buyer. It is signed in awesome spots too.

So yeah. I think you were just trying to start some mess. Especially as a newer member.

Okay.. Here is the GPA info on this book.

( 9.8 ) (50) $419 (38) $369 (34) $368 (5) $377 $399 Feb-2009

( 9.8 ) Sgnt series/Signed by Stan Lee (2) $625 (3) $717 (3) $717 - $750 Jun-2008

( 9.8 ) Sgnt series/Signed by Todd McFarlane (2) $829 - - - $909 May-2007

So... An SS copy signed by Lee last sold for 750 and the last McFarlane sold for 909. This double signed copy is now on ebay for 999 or best offer thus leaving no money on the table. Is he crazy? I don't think so :shrug:

Okay.. Here is the GPA info on this book.

( 9.8 ) (50) $419 (38) $369 (34) $368 (5) $377 $399 Feb-2009

( 9.8 ) Sgnt series/Signed by Stan Lee (2) $625 (3) $717 (3) $717 - $750 Jun-2008

( 9.8 ) Sgnt series/Signed by Todd McFarlane (2) $829 - - - $909 May-2007

So... An SS copy signed by Lee last sold for 750 and the last McFarlane sold for 909. This double signed copy is now on ebay for 999 or best offer thus leaving no money on the table. Is he crazy? I don't think so :shrug:

Me neither. Where is Walking Dead #1 9.9?