• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa...next weekend....whose going?

47 posts in this topic

Maybe get Demolition and Read More Comics to sponso the show? The Conventin Center has plenty of room for this.

This is something we at Yancy Street Comics has considered for some time. One of the biggest reasons we haven't jumped into this, is the loyalty to Tim Gorden. I don't want to hurt Tim's con, and I feel that if Yancy Street created a two or three day event, Tim would be hurt by it.

Each year our Free Comic Book Day Event grows bigger and bigger. Great guest lists, great attendance. We often get asked why we don't do a convention.

What do you all think? Could both cons co-exist? Let me know!

www.yancystcomics.com

dont see the point to another Tampa show There is a finite number of real comic buyers for the show, Adding extra days is just going to split that number up and raise expenses for the dealers.

Have to say that is some guest list for Free Comic Book Day for LCS All those guys live locally to Tampa?

That's completely true. But one day for a con just doesn't seem like enough. Orlando does two to three shows a year.

Tampa definately has the space and night life for a three day con. The Convention center is more than enough to house such convention. They already have a large anime con in June..the same weekend as WWP. There's no reason why Tampa shouldn't have a show in September, or October. Something to attrack local collectors, and those who live in the bay area. If you bring enough talent, I'm sure the show would become a hit.

Honestly, Tampa itself can't support a 2-3 day Con....but considering Mega-Con continues to be less about comics, and more about animae, there might be an opportunity for a real comic con to thrive.

I agree with Bill though, many people do not want to hurt the local Tampa show....HOWEVER, if Tim were to reign in his show to twice a year and work with someone else (Yancy St or Demolition or whoever) on cooperatively making the third show date the big 2-3 day extravaganza that attracts the out-of-state buyers and sellers, then we might be on to something....

Afterall, who says there isn't room to make the Tampa ComicCon a strong regional name on the convention circuit?