• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marketing a minicon--please give your two cents!

23 posts in this topic

Marc,

In my mind, radio would be the perfect way to advertise for a show like this. Especially since there will be vintage rock posters on display. I would think you could either get some free radio time on the college radio station or even on other local radio stations that have a classic rock format.

In my mind, radio would be the perfect way to advertise for a show like this. Especially since there will be vintage rock posters on display. I would think you could either get some free radio time on the college radio station or even on other local radio stations that have a classic rock format.

Hey, new avatar! College radio! (worship) What a great idea.

The problem with paid advertising for this show is that there's limited space for both selling tables and attendees, so we can't get too big at this location. Which also means there's not that much budget either.

Totally agree with aardvark that it will create good buying.

Learned today that the new parking garage one block away is already open to the public despite the two buildings above it being a ways from completion. So that's good news for my first show. I didn't think it would be ready. $1 for the first hour, $3 for two hours.

Finished working out the layout with the gallery owner today so now it's all about the marketing. Thanks for all the help so far guys.