• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is now the time to buy Watchmen 1 in 9.8?

27 posts in this topic

Prices have been tumbling since last year, and I see a recent low on GPA of $218.

Is this as low as it's going to get? Or should I wait a bit longer?

I want one for my collection - not interested in future value - and just want to pick one up when it's at its cheapest!

I'd probably wait. There are a TON of Watchmen issues on Ebay right now, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it selling for under $200. There really is no reason for it to be selling for over $300 since it's obviously not rare in high grade. I sold all of my 9.8 issues about 2 months ago and am glad I did.

#1 is the only issue I have yet to own in 9.8 because I have been waiting for what will happen in the next few weeks. I'm guessing the census will show well over 200 copies for March's update and will settle down at prices in the $150s in a month's time (as the 9.8 numbers go towards 250). That will be when to strike. :cool:

#1 is the only issue I have yet to own in 9.8 because I have been waiting for what will happen in the next few weeks. I'm guessing the census will show well over 200 copies for March's update and will settle down at prices in the $150s in a month's time (as the 9.8 numbers go towards 250). That will be when to strike. :cool:

Sounds good, thanks for the informed opinion (thumbs u

I think the Watchmen covers are beautiful, iconic pieces, every one of them, and would like a set of 9.8 slabs. Just not willing to pay $thousands.

Now might be decent. The market is probably as flooded as its going to get making a huge supply available while demand is starting to slow down. seems like the movie is losing steam REALLY fast.

If you want it bad buy it regardless. Really how much will you save by waiting $20-40 probably at the most.

Sounds good, thanks for the informed opinion (thumbs u

I think the Watchmen covers are beautiful, iconic pieces, every one of them, and would like a set of 9.8 slabs. Just not willing to pay $thousands.

Totally undertand where you are coming from, but I would hold off. The movie fad pricing still appears to be out there, so let the market calm down. I bet you are right that $150 won't be unreasonable.

Good luck, and Happy Hunting!

sFun_crazypilot.gif

You can definitely get deals on the common numbers right now: #2, #3, #5, #6, #7, and #12. The #1 is as common as those five but obviously commands a premium. #4, #8, #9, and #10 are slowly coming down from the $200s. #11 is kinda in-the-middle of these two groups and hovers in the low to mid $100s. Good luck!

You can definitely get deals on the common numbers right now: #2, #3, #5, #6, #7, and #12. The #1 is as common as those five but obviously commands a premium. #4, #8, #9, and #10 are slowly coming down from the $200s. #11 is kinda in-the-middle of these two groups and hovers in the low to mid $100s. Good luck!

If anyone has two copies in 9.6 of this "common #12" please let me know so I can complete two whole sets. :insane:

If anyone has two copies in 9.6 of this "common #12" please let me know so I can complete two whole sets. :insane:

9.6s of that issue don't come up as often as the 9.8s. The last one went for just over $20 though.

Oh, I know why...there are a lot of foolish people willing to pay foolish amounts of money for something they could pay 1/5 the price later on down the line if they could just be patient and exercise restraint, but don't try convincing them....logic doesn't seem to be a strong suit in comics collecting...(he says, as he fondles his hoards of Rom....)