• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed!!

51 posts in this topic

Terms:

* :takeit: gets it, EXCEPT if I am working with somebody via PM or in the thread on a particular comic, that person gets precedence over the :takeit:. I will do my best to put items on hold in that case, but we know how things can sometimes go :D . PMs are welcome.

* Shipping $9 via Priority with delivery confirmation to continental US Only. Sorry Idaho! :( Raw or anything not slabbed that fits into a priority envelope is $4.50 or we can go media!

Some lots will be full runs and ill ship media if they cant fit into a flat rate Priority box.

* Paypal, check or money order are all accepted.

* Feel free to PM me with offers.

* Shipping is typically 1 to 2 business days after payment is received.

The Tick #2 was one of the first comics ever published with a 'diecut' front cover. (We cut a square box out of the cover so you could see The Tick in page one with the cover closed.) The printer somehow missed cutting the hole on a tiny handful of copies. Making this issue the RAREST Tick variant! Much rarer the Tick Special Editions #1 or 2!!

This is selling at VG for $75 raw from NEC Comics. They are great at overgrading...

here is....

The Tick #2 Uncut CGC 9.2

$180

CGC_0002.jpg

The Tick #2

no recent GPA info cause of hoarders!

$70

CGC_0003.jpg

You got it listed as a 9.2.

Either way... :frustrated: Why do I have to be in selling mode right now?!!!

The Tick #2

$70

So you can buy this book. Or at least the uncut version.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen #5 RECALLED EDITION

June 2000, America's Best Comics.

Issue #5 of Volume One contained an authentic (not fake as suggested elsewhere) advertisement for a Marvel-brand person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed from the early part of the 20th century.

This ad caused DC Comics executive Paul Levitz to order the entire print run destroyed over concerns that this could lead to litigation with their main rival (Marvel Comics). None of the recalled comics were ever distributed in the US; however, a small batch had been shipped to the UK and escaped the destruction. With only 100-200 thought to exist this makes it more than 10 times rarer than the Elseworlds 80-Page Giant that Paul Levitz also recalled, hence is probably the rarest modern comic book in existence.[6]

In Top 10, Moore creates a "Miracle person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed Recall" headline on a newspaper, which is not only a reference to the furor, but is also a reference to when Marvel Comics had previously forced Marvelman, which was written by Alan Moore, to change its name to Miracleman.

$1,000

CGC_0011.jpg

time to switch gears!!

The Tick #2

$70

So you can buy this book. Or at least the uncut version.