• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Wolverine movie problem

44 posts in this topic

OML has been a great read.. Is Wolverine Origins worth the read?

HELL YEH it's worth the read!!! One of the first hardcovers I bought an it brought me back to comics after my hiatus. If you haven't read it, it's a must!

Thanks. Ill have to give it a read before the movie drops!! Not much for the super heroes, but Wolverine has always appealed to me

I never read that mini :sorry:

I can't believe that a guy called MutantKeys has never read the origin of Wolverine. doh!

So I'm at the gym watching tv and I see Wolverine as a kid... with claws!! in the new preview. WTF??

Metal or Bone?

hm

Bone.

That was basically what I was insinuating to him that

if they were bone in the preview (which I knew they were)

then the movie was correct according to marvel history.

So I'm at the gym watching tv and I see Wolverine as a kid... with claws!! in the new preview. WTF??
You were at the gym :o

(thumbs u Nice.

He did say he was watching TV. Personally, I prefer the more comfortable living room for my TV viewing pleasure.

Is anyone concerned for this movie? Are we expecting a summer blockbuster, or an "Incredible Hulk"?

I hope it's NOT an Incredible Bulk...

:P

Ditto! I'm excited to see it, I just wonder how much interest there is among the non-comic community. I'm usually fairly optimistic about the success of these movies, but this one is making me a little nervous. :eek:

Yah, I'll be there opening weekend but it seems to me they're trying to do too much with too many characters and appear to be contradicting the X movies (Cyclops?).

I want to see the movie and hope to be pleasantly surprised that it won't just be a 90 min video game advert.

Saw the trailer when I went to see Watchmen, and to be honest it wasn't very... grabby.

Yeah, I have a feeling the movie feels a little flat. The trailer isn't exactly exhilarating. We know we'll all see the damn thing, but will it be any good? Only time will tell.

I said the same thing when I first saw the trailer. The movie has lots of good effects and probably will be high on action but there is too much going on and not enough of a build up to make it enjoyable to watch as a story. Just too much being thrown at you.

Kind of like Three Muskateers a few years ago. It should have been a terrific movie but it flopped because I thought it had too many complicated fight scenes and not enough substance.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

The same thing happened with X-Men 3. They forgot about the story and tried to just cram a bunch of action and characters in there. Don't get me wrong, X-Men 3 and Spider-Man 3 were fun, but if they lack substance and drama and character development, the film just doesn't stand up.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen here, but to some degree, all origin stories lack drama/tension just because it's a prequel of sorts. We know these characters survive, we know about stories that take place later in their timeline. So if you know the ending (so to speak) how can the journey be all that tense?

Yah, I'll be there opening weekend but it seems to me they're trying to do too much with too many characters and appear to be contradicting the X movies (Cyclops?).

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing bout Cyclops being in the movie. Did they just want to get another generally recognized X-man in there?

ok im going to grab the origin books. the art is awsome. and i havnt read them so this is news to me. i never got into xmen much so im now learning. wonderful art!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing bout Cyclops being in the movie. Did they just want to get another generally recognized X-man in there?

I didn't know Cyclops was in this new one.

I didn't know Cyclops was in this new one.

There's a scene in the adverts showing a young man blasting lasers out of his eyes.

I've not looked on imdb to see if it's actually supposed to be Cyclops/Scott Summers but the similarities are there. It's not the same actor. It's a younger fella.

It seems most likely to be a feeble tie-in attempt, but who knows.