• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Awesome Sketch Opportunity.

49 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone! NYComics is pleased to bring you a CGC Signature Series Sketch Opportunity.

We were lucky enough to get in touch with an extremely talented artist named David Hitchcock. He is from the UK and has not yet been published by a major comic company. (somehow)

10 Blank 9.8 Contender Dark Avengers are being mailed his way today.

So far 3 of the 10 spots are full so there are 7 left.

The Cost: $100 TOTAL. Includes Grading Fees and Return Shipping to your door.

-If you live in Canada it is $110 because of higher shipping fees.

The first 7 I'll Take It's Win. Requests are encouraged so your sketch will be custom.

Here are examples of his work. In my opinion I think the drawings speak for themselves.

X%20men%20VICTORIANsmall.jpg

hellbBONESsmall.jpg

franken_SMALL.jpg

scarecrowSMALL.jpg

hellboyGRAVESsmall.jpg

wolverineSMALL.jpg

I do not have an example of a Dark Avenger Cover because he has never done these, but once my two commissions are finished I will post their images so that everyone including myself sees what you are getting for this price.

I figured I would post this ASAP so we could get requests together. I do understand if you want to wait until you see a Dark Avenger cover. But if you want in now just say I'll take it. First 7 win.

Just so I know, how flexible can he be with requests? More specifically:

-Only 1 character or can more than 1 be on the cover?

-Can we pick the pose or do we let him do his own thing?

-Can we ask for cover recreations?

It's sounding like this one's pretty flexible, but I just want to make sure.

-Adam

Well I requested two scenes and he has voiced no concerns.

One was Venom vs. Spidey and venom is winning

The other is Spidey vs. Venom and spidey is winning.

That was all I said because I want to see where he goes from there.

I know Chris asked for something similar.

As of right now there is no specific head sketch costs this, bust costs that, so and so...........I dont know about the cover re-creations yet.....References with your request are more than welcome.

I will communicate all requests I get to him and if he says it will cost more I will get back to you, or get back to you with what he is willing to offer.

Hope this helps.

Sean

Alright,

So there is one spot left.

1.NYComics

2.NYComics

3.SecretSon

4.PeterPalmer

5.ComicJunkie

6.Makmorn

7.Tropean

8. Chespirito

9. DesertwindComics

10.? Whoever the lucky winner is.

Okay so to add a bit more info. David told me that he thinks he can fit up to 3 characters in these boxes because they are only so big. It seems to me like he has no issues making a scene out of it, he said the only restriction so far is size and how much he thinks he can fit in the box. He also added that he is going to do his best. :)

Since I am paying up front I ask that anyone who is participating please send $100 to NYComics@gmail.com

Also PM me your address. Your books will be shipped to you via Priority Mail once I recieve them back from CGC after all is said and done.

And thanks, I think Mr. Hitchcock is a great example of an up and coming artist who we are all just wowed by his pencils. To all who are in on this signing bravo to you because you are all extreme sketch enthusiasts! Everyone has great intentions behind this signing and I hope there wont be any dissapointments. Any new info/images I get I promise to pass on as soon as I can.

All the best,

Sean

P.S.- No extra $$$ on top of this 100 bux. This is all inclusive baby :)

(unless you live in Canada.....then it's 110)