• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question Regrding Green Lantern Corps

12 posts in this topic

I am fairly new to comics and really new to GLC, so bear with me.

In GLC#2 Death Trial:

Natu's partner Myrt dies. Later Salaak gives Myrt's power ring to Natu to give to her new partner when she feels the time is right.

Now, from things I have read before, and from everything my husband tells me, a lantern's ring leaves immediatly when he/she dies. So, why did Myrt's ring not leave immediatly?

yeah, I didn't know either, because I know Mogo is the one that powers the replacement finding, and normally when a GL dies it immediatley goes to find a new recruit. So wondering if it was just a storyline thing, or if they actually had a good reason

I flipped through issues 2 and 3, and I think #3 makes it clear. The first page of the issue comments on the fact that Myrrt is dead and what is happening with the ring.

I guess what needs to be known is Salaak's role within the Corps. He acts as the protocol for the GL's and acts on behalf of the Guardians when it comes to rulings and decisions within the Corps.

Since Myrrt was Natu's partner, both GL's of the same sector, when Salaak gives her the ring to choose her next partner, that's simply what will be done with the ring in that particular case instead of that ring.

On another note, I would imagine that since there are so many GL's for the Earth sector, were one of them to die, it would lead me to believe that one of the other GL's of Earth would probably end up with/find the extra ring.

her question is actually why didn't the ring leave immediatly after Myrrt died to find a new recruit. the Salaak part we can understand, but neither of us can find a reason for the ring not going to look for a new recruit right away.

I re-read the Issue and it looks to me this way.

Since the Lantern did not die in battle there was no urgency to find another bearer. The ring stayed behing untill the body was ready to be delivered to OA.

Now off Camera untill issue three who is to say the ring didnt go to Mojo and get reassigned.

Since it chose Iolande allready the Guardians wanting to be assholes to the guy killing their members had the ring wait and told Natu to give her the ring in front of her brother to twist the screw even more

Maybe I need to re-read the issues, but I believe Myrt did die in battle, he died fighting to "protect" the brother of lolande.

We do know that he died because of a poisned drink, but he died in battle none the less.

And, didn't Natu choose Lolande as the replacement, not the Guardians? ????

Maybe I need to re-read the issues, but I believe Myrt did die in battle, he died fighting to "protect" the brother of lolande.

We do know that he died because of a poisned drink, but he died in battle none the less.

It wasnt a massive battle that needed replacements right away.

They had time to ship the body back!

They had time.

I dont think Natu Chose Lolande.

I think the ring/Guardians did and they just used Loande to deliver it in person just to rub it in to her brother

They had time.

I think the ring/Guardians did and they just used Loande to deliver it in person just to rub it in to her brother

I believe GL rings are supposed to immediately find replacements upon death of the GL. Urgency to find a replacement doesn't factor into it.

They had time.

I believe GL rings are supposed to immediately find replacements upon death of the GL. Urgency to find a replacement doesn't factor into it.

I don't think they Immediately have to.

Depends on their programming!

And remember after Kyle Raner rebuilt the corps the rules are different