• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction FF #5 - worst ever?

12 posts in this topic

Now I have to wonder who did that "restoration". The article says:

"How did this get in the mix? Petty said that, while collectors might wonder why Lee would put this issue up for sale, the answer was simple. “Stan said, ‘Here’s my comics. Take them.’ "

So it sounds like the books went from Stan to petty to CGC to the upcoming auction. So the restoration must have been done when still owned by Stan? Or maybe - by Stan? The mind boggles!

PS - I think this is a really fun thing and historically, an interesting book.

So it sounds like the books went from Stan to petty to CGC to the upcoming auction. So the restoration must have been done when still owned by Stan? Or maybe - by Stan? The mind boggles!

Stan has stated that many of these books were purchased or found second-hand and even he doesn't know which are originals or not.

Heck I'll probably put in a bid on it... It would fit right in with my Hulk 1... cloud9.gif

In fact, I might get my Hulk 1 slabbed just so Steve has a chance to officially grade something worse than this FF 5... smile.gif

I for one dont believe that ANY of the Stan Lees collection books were ever seen OR handled by Stan. He has consistently stated that he never kept any of his comics.....but wished he had. Suddenly he is able to find box after box and sell them for 20 times what they are worth??????

I for one dont believe that ANY of the Stan Lees collection books were ever seen OR handled by Stan. He has consistently stated that he never kept any of his comics.....but wished he had.

Got a source on that?