• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: This or a Green Lantern #76 9.4?

30 posts in this topic

Holy Schmoly !!

This piece was limited to an edition of 3...

I think it will end up over $9,000, but I have to ask myself: is there potential for growth with this item? I can't imagine it would go up much, but then again, Yankee fans are crazy :-)

I wouldn't this because it has been taken out of the package and professionally resealed for a second time. Have the other two been resealed?

Andrew,

I really dont know what youre talking about.Maybe you could clarify.

This sale is legit.Brad is good as they come.

I realize that but was only wondering why the figurine was taken out of the box. Also what is tape on the back of the packaging for? The listing states,"

This was pulled from an original case, and quickly shipped to Beckett Media. It was packed in one of the most secure methods we have ever seen. "

What am I missing here?

It was taken from a sealed case of 12 figures.Each one still sealed.Brad saw the piece packed it and sent it to Beckett for auction

Its two autographs cut from documents.Graded by beckett.With every graded card coin,comic or whatever you have to believe in the grader.If you dont believe in Beckett(the biggest sports price guide) and their grading service you would have no faith in these autos.

Give me the actual undefaced documents any day. (thumbs u

That's history, this is a chump with some scissors looking to snare a few specu-suckers.

You do realize that these cards are NOT being purchased for the signatures, right? This type of "authenticated cut sigature" sells for less that these cards, usually considerably less, and it's all speculators fighting over the "perceived scarcity".

Same thing happened with sportscards, and they all tanked once the marketers found something new to cut up.

Holy Schmoly !!

This piece was limited to an edition of 3...

I think it will end up over $9,000, but I have to ask myself: is there potential for growth with this item? I can't imagine it would go up much, but then again, Yankee fans are crazy :-)

I wouldn't this because it has been taken out of the package and professionally resealed for a second time. Have the other two been resealed?

Andrew,

I really dont know what youre talking about.Maybe you could clarify.

This sale is legit.Brad is good as they come.

I realize that but was only wondering why the figurine was taken out of the box. Also what is tape on the back of the packaging for? The listing states,"

This was pulled from an original case, and quickly shipped to Beckett Media. It was packed in one of the most secure methods we have ever seen. "

What am I missing here?

The blue packaging McFarlane tape on the figure was placed there by McFarlane themselves to show that the figure is a legitimate.

Give me the actual undefaced documents any day. (thumbs u

That's history, this is a chump with some scissors looking to snare a few specu-suckers.

You do realize that these cards are NOT being purchased for the signatures, right? This type of "authenticated cut sigature" sells for less that these cards, usually considerably less, and it's all speculators fighting over the "perceived scarcity".

Same thing happened with sportscards, and they all tanked once the marketers found something new to cut up.

I dont disagree on cutting up history to make cards.Its kinda sad.Cutting up Babe Ruth game worn jerseys to make cards.

But there was a neat story about Donruss.At the time Pat Tillman was killed Donruss found a game worn whole jersey of his in the stock.They called Tillmans agent who was unable to talk about it at the time.Donruss called back in a couple weeks about the jersey.The agent asked how much they were asking for it.The reply was we would like to give it to the family.A classy move indeed.

2004 Upper Deck Lebron James/Michael Jordan card sold for $150,100. It is the only 1 of its kind.

kobelebron2_il.jpg

I'd heard about the Tiger Woods sale, but not this one, so I looked it up on Google. It didn't sell for $150k, as the owner had a reserve set even higher. Crazy stuff.