• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Vampi #1

11 posts in this topic

Six stress lines at the spine, scuffing at the spine, light rub at lower left corner f/c, light top edge wear, light rub middle bottom b/c. Nice copy with some light wear, it would be a 7.5/8.0 w/o the dog ear.

Does the dog ear immediately drop it to a 7.0? What other defects are bringing this down?

divad had a Vampy 1 here a few weeks ago and it was noted that CGC has a different (sounded a bit more lenient) grading standard for magazines and that certain "defects" and/or aspects of wear were not downgraded as much for a comic book...you might want to go back and check that out...

As I recall, as opposed to more inherent production flaws, magazines are subject to more potential distribution flaws which seems to be taken into consideration...

That's true; the standards for grading magazines seem to be different than for comics. I have 15-20 slabbed magazines from 7.5-9.4, and I'm not sure how they came up with the grade on any of them to be honest.

I would go along with the 7.0 still a decent grade for that book, she's a toughy. (thumbs u

Yeah, it would seem at times that mags are graded differently, but they are graded about the same, I have sent in a number of mags and have a pretty good handle on how they grade them. If it breaks color then you have a problem, just like a comic, they are a little more relaxed about the non color bends due to the size of the book. (not a lot though)

Does the dog ear immediately drop it to a 7.0? What other defects are bringing this down?

divad had a Vampy 1 here a few weeks ago and it was noted that CGC has a different (sounded a bit more lenient) grading standard for magazines and that certain "defects" and/or aspects of wear were not downgraded as much for a comic book...you might want to go back and check that out...

As I recall, as opposed to more inherent production flaws, magazines are subject to more potential distribution flaws which seems to be taken into consideration...

I've heard it described as the "Golden Age bump". Magazines are usually graded closer to how CGC grades Golden Age books. Again from what I hear and have observed.

-bounty