• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Size Scan Would You Want To See?

26 posts in this topic

At the moment on our website we're using scans which are 527 x 800 pixels in size which allows you to see the whole of the comic in one window like this.

Some people have said they prefer this view but others have said they would like extra large scans so they could see the book even closer. That's a fair point and something I wouldn't be against doing. But I just wanted to get a general concesus on if you guys would want to see a larger scan that you had to scroll around the screen to see the whole book, or use the size they're set at now?

Thanks in advance (thumbs u

How about adding a thumbnail to a larger scan?

Well this is how the page displays, so the image in the first post is the bigger scan.

But would you want to see an even bigger image than that?

Well this is how the page displays, so the image in the first post is the bigger scan.

I prefer to see scans that are worthy of the PGM forum. That's just me though....

I would think that anyone that clicks on 'Detail View' is doing so because they want to assess the condition for themselves.

I prefer to see scans that are worthy of the PGM forum. That's just me though....

I would think that anyone that clicks on 'Detail View' is doing so because they want to assess the condition for themselves.

And that's exactly the sort of feedback I wanted. So maybe scans of this sort of size?

BatmanCacophony3SketchVariant.jpg

Nice one. Thanks for the input. (thumbs u

I totally understand the need for a bigger scan and I think that's the way we should go, even at the risk of scanning all of the books that are listed again. But would people be prepared to scroll around the screen to see the whole book?

Scrolling around the screen is a pain in the butt and makes reading even more difficult when someone writes something. You have the perfect size right there. Any bigger and I'd likely just skip the thread altogether.

I totally understand the need for a bigger scan and I think that's the way we should go, even at the risk of scanning all of the books that are listed again. But would people be prepared to scroll around the screen to see the whole book?

I can't imagine anyone complaining about the scan being too big. Those that don't want to scroll around the scan probably wouldn't bother clicking on the thumbnail in the 1st place.

Scrolling around the screen is a pain in the butt and makes reading even more difficult when someone writes something. You have the perfect size right there. Any bigger and I'd likely just skip the thread altogether.

Huh?

Did you click on the links he provided? These are for his website. There's nothing to read once you click on the thumbnail. :makepoint:

Yeah I agree with you with posting thread scans, but I'm talking about scans if you visit our website. This is how the scan pressnts when you click on the 'Detail View' on the comics own page. If you visited a comic site and wanted to look at a book would you be prepared to scroll round the screen to see the book close up? No writing involved as it's just the scan, nothing else.

I can't imagine anyone complaining about the scan being too big. Those that don't want to scroll around the scan probably wouldn't bother clicking on the thumbnail in the 1st place.

Good point.

Yeah I agree with you with posting thread scans, but I'm talking about scans if you visit our website. This is how the scan pressnts when you click on the 'Detail View' on the comics own page. If you visited a comic site and wanted to look at a book would you be prepared to scroll round the screen to see the book close up? No writing involved as it's just the scan, nothing else.

I caught that after Beyonder's last post. Great idea!

I can't believe I didn't think of asking that before we scanned nearly 1,000 books in. I've resized all the original images too 527 x 800 :cry:

That's a whole lot more scanning and resizing to do :cry: :cry: :cry::frustrated:

I can't believe I didn't think of asking that before we scanned nearly 1,000 books in. I've resized all the original images too 527 x 800 :cry:

That's a whole lot more scanning and resizing to do :cry: :cry: :cry::frustrated:

I think the scans you have up now are sufficient. Maybe just increase the size of the scans from here on out. Rescanning 1000 books is way too time consuming. Better off to let those be....and only rescan them upon a buyers request for 'larger scans'. (thumbs u

I think the scans you have up now are sufficient. Maybe just increase the size of the scans from here on out. Rescanning 1000 books is way too time consuming. Better off to let those be....and only rescan them upon a buyers request for 'larger scans'. (thumbs u

That's probably the best idea. I think if the book is carrying a price that's worthy of a closer look we'll replace them. We do state that requests for bigger scans (and rear scans or photo's of internal pages) are more than welcome, but sometimes things like that get overlooked and if people are looking at say a $70 book they're probably going to want a good look as to whether the book actually is a 9.8.

Not that we've listed a 9.8 yet, we're way too conservative for that (thumbs u