• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So Is Hellblazer the longest running post bronze comic?

45 posts in this topic

It's hanging in there with an 11,000 print run :eek:

It predates Sandman, but lived in the shadow of it's younger Vertigo sibling, never quite gaining the hyperbolic accolades of that or other titles. Maybe that's why it's lasted so long. The old 'keep quiet, keep your head down, and keep going' approach lol

OK so it had a hollywood 'adaptation' and has picked up a few Eisner awards. I love the book obviously, but I'm sometimes surprised it's managed to survive so long.

Here's to the next 250 issues :headbang:

It's hanging in there with an 11,000 print run :eek:

It predates Sandman, but lived in the shadow of it's younger Vertigo sibling, never quite gaining the hyperbolic accolades of that or other titles. Maybe that's why it's lasted so long. The old 'keep quiet, keep your head down, and keep going' approach lol

OK so it had a hollywood 'adaptation' and has picked up a few Eisner awards. I love the book obviously, but I'm sometimes surprised it's managed to survive so long.

Here's to the next 250 issues :headbang:

I concur (thumbs u

As it was coming out I read from #1-33, gave up. Read from 41-60, gave up, then from around 140-170, gave up. I have not been helping the print run any. :( Maybe I should give it a go again.

Dude, you skipped out on some of Garth Ennis' best issues!