• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze Age Avengers Assembled!

49 posts in this topic

Great stuff Cheetah! Congratulations! I'm still working on the SA and BA in the first 100 and figure that before I'm 75 I should be close to having a full high-grade set. I know it took lots of time and energy to get this far, but like you I know it is well worth it. Well done! :banana:

I am very surprised how badly the prices on the Avengers from 150 to 180 have done in the past 6 months. I was thinking about slabbing a bunch of my books that are in the 9.6/9.8 range back in July but now that the prices have fallen so fast so far, it is no longer a viable option.

Heritage dumped a ton of 9.6-9.8 books in that range on the market over the last six months. The census went from 1 or 2 at 9.8 to 25 at 9.8 in a heartbeat. PQ was often OW/W which really affects the value of the book. They've still got some in their market place at reasonable prices. But there are plenty of other books that are still uncommon in 9.8.

FWIW, my Avengers run only needs 4 books to be complete from 1-503. Just having trouble finding good copies of the last few.

Heritage dumped a ton of 9.6-9.8 books in that range on the market over the last six months. The census went from 1 or 2 at 9.8 to 25 at 9.8 in a heartbeat. PQ was often OW/W which really affects the value of the book. They've still got some in their market place at reasonable prices. But there are plenty of other books that are still uncommon in 9.8.

FWIW, my Avengers run only needs 4 books to be complete from 1-503. Just having trouble finding good copies of the last few.

Hey Cheetah, i just wondered do you upgrade when say a 9.6 comes along and you have a 9.4 or are you happy with what you have got.

Hey Cheetah, i just wondered do you upgrade when say a 9.6 comes along and you have a 9.4 or are you happy with what you have got.

I upgrade when I can. The list in the beginning of this thread is pretty out of date now. I've got most everything from 100+ in 9.8. I think I'm missing less than 10. Sometimes my 9.6 will look better but mostly the 9.8s are the better looking book.