• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question asked, answer received. Where's Greggy at?

41 posts in this topic

I'm in the market to pick up a Hulk 181, and this one has my eye at the moment.

The spine kinda looks like krap, and also the right side looks trimmed? Perhaps it is just an optical illusion... although for the amount I would want to be more sure. Is there a quick way of determining whether or not this was graded after trimgate?

Hulk cgc 9.4 on ebay

I'm pretty sure that is Chris' book that he had in the Selling Forum a couple of weeks ago. He is about as stand up as they come. HIs ebay name is the same as his board name. Drop him a PM. I would be willing to bet there is nothing wrong with that book.

Thanks. Of course I'm not insinuating anything about the seller. My largest purchase ever was for 400 so this would be a significant increase for me, so I want to have complete peace of mind.

I'm going to look for his sales thread for it here, thanks guys.

Looks fine and dandy to me.

It is...actually the "spine that looks like " has three light spots of foxing that are over accentuated by my scanner. It hasn't been trimmed, pressed or otherwise messed with in any way. The spine is actually flat, tight and with very little stress whatsoever. From having the book in hand it's those 3 spots of foxing that keep it out of 9.6, not wear, or "crappiness of spine".

And from owning 7 or 8 of these over the years it would be hard to find a brighter, glossier cover with better color strike. The reds, greens and yellows are as bright as they were over 30 years ago.

I have gotten a ton of questions and offers on the book through Ebay from those that did not realize it was my book. I understand the need to complete confidence when purchasing something this expensive. That is why I have answered dozens of requests for larger scans, and general questions of all kinds.

Best,

Chris

Thanks. Of course I'm not insinuating anything about the seller. My largest purchase ever was for 400 so this would be a significant increase for me, so I want to have complete peace of mind.

I'm going to look for his sales thread for it here, thanks guys.

If you want a larger image to look at PM me your email address and I will send one along. I would rather you be happy and confident in your decision.

Funny you should mention the amount of $400. That was actually one of the "best offers" I got on this book through Ebay. Which always reminds me of why I rarely list on Ebay.

And I was seriously considering the $400 offer.. :roflmao:

C

Flee should do a Comix4fun Trophy Wall display with Forum members' heads on the wall . . .

Anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about should check out Chris' Trophy Wall link.

And I was seriously considering the $400 offer.. :roflmao:

C

Uh-huh.

bsflag.gif

But you did fantastic with me, and I cannot sing your praises enough.

I will sing you praise when you get me that damned 526 slacker !!

You talking to him or me...??

I don't have a 526

all I have is this 426 (thumbs u

Tec42694.jpg

or did you mean 436 ? (shrug)

Tec43696.jpg

Is comix4fun a board member?

Yes he is...

Really? You know anything about him?

I heard he's a filthy lawyer type. shark skinned, alligator shoed slick talker citified type feller.

Steer clear. :o