• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question asked, answer received. Where's Greggy at?

41 posts in this topic

You talking to him or me...??

I don't have a 526

Pat's talking to me Chris. lol

I promised to find him something, and now living with the challenge.

But I will overcome. Promise!

And I was seriously considering the $400 offer.. :roflmao:

C

Uh-huh.

bsflag.gif

But you did fantastic with me, and I cannot sing your praises enough.

I will sing you praise when you get me that damned 526 slacker !!

You talking to him or me...??

I don't have a 526

all I have is this 426 (thumbs u

Tec42694.jpg

or did you mean 436 ? (shrug)

Tec43696.jpg

When are the Bats coming back, chump?

When are the Bats coming back, chump?

Should be the next couple of weeks.

I did get one back yesterday though. It got graded by itself because they kicked it up a grading tier. I can't imagine why. (shrug)

:whistle: (thumbs u

Batman23496.jpg

Flee should do a Comix4fun Trophy Wall display with Forum members' heads on the wall . . .

Anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about should check out Chris' Trophy Wall link.

I need to bump this comment. It's a bit of a badge of honor to get the Flee treatment...and my birthday is coming up too. :wishluck:

Looks fine and dandy to me.

It is...actually the "spine that looks like " has three light spots of foxing that are over accentuated by my scanner. It hasn't been trimmed, pressed or otherwise messed with in any way. The spine is actually flat, tight and with very little stress whatsoever. From having the book in hand it's those 3 spots of foxing that keep it out of 9.6, not wear, or "crappiness of spine".

And from owning 7 or 8 of these over the years it would be hard to find a brighter, glossier cover with better color strike. The reds, greens and yellows are as bright as they were over 30 years ago.

I have gotten a ton of questions and offers on the book through Ebay from those that did not realize it was my book. I understand the need to complete confidence when purchasing something this expensive. That is why I have answered dozens of requests for larger scans, and general questions of all kinds.

Best,

Chris

And I would assume its the venue.Not your reputation for sure.

My point was that I wasn't confident in CGC's ability to detect trimming prior to trimgate. At present I have confidence in their abilities. In no way was I questioning the seller.

Flee should do a Comix4fun Trophy Wall display with Forum members' heads on the wall . . .

Anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about should check out Chris' Trophy Wall link.

I need to bump this comment. It's a bit of a badge of honor to get the Flee treatment...and my birthday is coming up too. :wishluck:

That would be awesome! As an aside, me and a buddy were talking over the phone about art commissions, and I pointed him to your 'trophy wall' (he's a grad student in sequential art at SCAD). He really admires the artwork you've acquired, especially the 'Nightmare' one.

That would be awesome! As an aside, me and a buddy were talking over the phone about art commissions, and I pointed him to your 'trophy wall' (he's a grad student in sequential art at SCAD). He really admires the artwork you've acquired, especially the 'Nightmare' one.

Many thanks...the guy who did that piece (Andy Brase) was the very definition of a starving artist. He spent almost a year finishing that one. He kept adding detail level after detail level. He could have stopped half way through and it still would have been a great piece. A guy with that skill level, bieng that crazy to make a piece perfect...art is like a sickness sometimes.

Here is the Nightmare's Trophy Wall we are talking about:

(The scan doesn't do it justice, he put texture and shading on every brick, every stitch of clothing, to all four corners)

BraseNightmare01_02-16-2009_12-00-20.jpg

Many thanks...the guy who did that piece (Andy Brase) was the very definition of a starving artist. He spent almost a year finishing that one. He kept adding detail level after detail level. He could have stopped half way through and it still would have been a great piece. A guy with that skill level, bieng that crazy to make a piece perfect...art is like a sickness sometimes.

(The scan doesn't do it justice, he put texture and shading on every brick, every stitch of clothing, to all four corners)

:o(worship) (worship)

My buddy was the same way, especially when he was an undergrad at the Savannah College of Art & Design. He'd agonize over one piece of work for weeks, or MONTHS. Constantly improving/altering it. He finally realized you've just got to let a piece go at some point in time. He really sped up his work once he started doing caricatures on the fly (airbrushed) in Vegas. Here's one he did for giggles:

caricature_brucewillis_color.jpg

Can you guess who it is? :)

My buddy was the same way, especially when he was an undergrad at the Savannah College of Art & Design. He'd agonize over one piece of work for weeks, or MONTHS. Constantly improving/altering it. He finally realized you've just got to let a piece go at some point in time. He really sped up his work once he started doing caricatures on the fly (airbrushed) in Vegas. Here's one he did for giggles:

caricature_brucewillis_color.jpg

Can you guess who it is? :)

That only slightly exaggerates the space between Willis' nose and upper lip. If he ever grew a full mustache, it would like someone stapled a wombat to his upper lip.