• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

Matt, I can't believe you haven't started on Timelys yet. Try one...you'll be hooked!

I have Marvel Mystery #33 (Japanese attack NYC cover) and #50 (insane Schomburg WWII demon/samurai cover). To answer your question above, the stories aren't quite as graphic as the covers, but they are still pretty entertaining with that classic Timely mix of innocence and cheerful violence. They're kids' stories, but well above average for GA storytelling in my opinion.

Jon, just trying to focus. But this stuff is making it hard!

The other thing I like about these covers-for me- is that there is so much detail that a lot of cover damage that brings a book down to my price range wouldn't be as noticeable. It looks like I can collect these in 2.0-3.0 and be very happy, unlke alot of the Supes stuff where damage is front and center.

I am so close to starting up a Marvel Mystery collection. This is absolutely my favorite thread on the boards.

Timely; how long has it taken you to put together your collection?

I started collecting Timely's in 2001.

West

Matt, I can't believe you haven't started on Timelys yet. Try one...you'll be hooked!

I have Marvel Mystery #33 (Japanese attack NYC cover) and #50 (insane Schomburg WWII demon/samurai cover). To answer your question above, the stories aren't quite as graphic as the covers, but they are still pretty entertaining with that classic Timely mix of innocence and cheerful violence. They're kids' stories, but well above average for GA storytelling in my opinion.

I don't own any Marvel Mysterys, but I would like a add a few to my collection. I tend to like the earlier covers in the 10 to 30 range that had the Sub-mariner on them like issues 10, 14, 22, 27.

Marvel Mystery is a probably the only major GA title I ever fantasize owning a full run of. I recently sold off a few low-graders that I had, but am keeping #46 & #56 - my two favorite covers in the run. To be honest, as cool as they are - there is a certain redundancy in the covers - and even more so in the stories - though this could be said of most comic titles, GA or otherwise.

Could not hold out on this any longer. Looking forward to cracking this one open. cloud9.gif

HT12-2.jpg

Congrats on the pickup - A classic for sure! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Well so much for that, I hit the BIN on the book on the weekend, sent an email last night to Comiclink to see what was going on because I had not received a confirmation of the purchase and this is what I got in return.

The sale of the item is complete and because it is no longer available, you are no longer on the "Waitlist." However, you can use ComicLink's Wantlist Service to receive and e-mail the instant a comic book that meets your requirements is listed on ComicLink.

If you would like to select another item for purchase go to http://www.comiclink.com/./forsale.asp

Thank you for using ComicLink.

Ah blow me. Christo_pull_hair.gif Get the frickin book off the website if it was already sold or at least update it as "sold".

Thatt sux - i remember seeing that copy (or one with very similar pencil markings on ebay - raw I believe - in the last year). What was the asking on comiclink?

If I ever sell my own low grade copy - you'll be the first to know Silver.

Thatt sux - i remember seeing that copy (or one with very similar pencil markings on ebay - raw I believe - in the last year). What was the asking on comiclink?

If I ever sell my own low grade copy - you'll be the first to know Silver.

Appreciate that. thumbsup2.gif They wanted $525 for it which was high but the only copies I have seen for sale have been going for $2,500 and up. What grade is yours and are you sure you don't want to sell it now? poke2.gif I'm in a buying mode so catch me before I jump on a few Burntboy books. grin.gif

Mine is a G+ -mainly due to a detached cover that is held on with a spot of glue - it has pretty decent eye-appeal for the grade. I posted it a while back - I'll try and do it again. It took along time to find an affordable copy, so I feel your pain. Whether I sell it (and some of my other favorite books) in the next 6 mos. has alot to do with whether or not I get alot more work this year than I did last year. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif