• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

Mine too. I want to get a high grade one at some point, but most of mine are in the VG-Fine range.....but I just love 'em. 9.0 - that is just sweet. Gotta save me up some cash and get me one like that ...

Great looking book. Gotta love it.

The great thing is most of these GA dealers take time payments sometimes up to 3 months or more.Realistically,this is the only way I will be able to buy higher grade Timely's.Lord knows,I don't have 2 or 3 grand lying around yay.gif.....

Nice book Surfer...the colours (color for my American friends thumbsup2.gif ) look fantastic. Do you like to have your Timelys graded. Most of mine are raw - vg to fine books. They kind of look really good in the CGC cases don't they...I have one Torch book graded, but wondering if I should get my others done .... not to resell, but just for appearance....mind you then I could not get at that wonderful GA book smell cloud9.gif What do you think....???

Nice book Surfer...the colours (color for my American friends thumbsup2.gif ) look fantastic. Do you like to have your Timelys graded. Most of mine are raw - vg to fine books. They kind of look really good in the CGC cases don't they...I have one Torch book graded, but wondering if I should get my others done .... not to resell, but just for appearance....mind you then I could not get at that wonderful GA book smell cloud9.gif What do you think....???

Keep 'em raw bro. Enjoy the smell, the art, the tactile nature of a nice mid-grade Timely. Few simple pleasures I enjoy more. Slab your high grades.

The majority of my GA is stuff is high grade or semi-expensive so I had them slabbed when it warrants it. I sure do miss some of them in nice mylars though and yes the smell of aged pulp, ink is a trip.

Thanks Bill, I've been trying to find a nice copy for about 10 years. I seriously considered chasing the Crippen copy until it smashed the $3k barrier, I think it closed at $5k. So I was pretty happy to find this copy within a month. cloud9.gif

Thanks Bill, I've been trying to find a nice copy for about 10 years. I seriously considered chasing the Crippen copy until it smashed the $3k barrier, I think it closed at $5k. So I was pretty happy to find this copy within a month. cloud9.gif

Happy, wise, and I would wager.. a few dollars richer!