• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,075 posts in this topic

I only have a handful of Timelys left, but this is one of those special items that I refer to as a "WowVow" book (i.e., till death do us part).

It's the Chicago copy, btw...

MM29Crop.jpg

STEVE

Got Larson? (West, I know you do!)

yeah, I've got a few pedigrees laying around.

West

This one showed in the mail box today ..... and a big thank you to Bill for this one.... hail.gif ....looks good and smells good too grin.gif No resto on this one.....and nothing like Subby smacking the 893censored-thumb.gif out of a few Nazis on the cover.....really happy to have it for my collection..... grin.gif

scan10007gt1.jpg

cloud9.gif

This one showed in the mail box today ..... and a big thank you to Bill for this one.... hail.gif ....looks good and smells good too grin.gif No resto on this one.....and nothing like Subby smacking the 893censored-thumb.gif out of a few Nazis on the cover.....really happy to have it for my collection..... grin.gif

scan10007gt1.jpg

cloud9.gif

How do you convince someone to sell you a beautiful raw book like that hail.gif

scan10007gt1.jpg

cloud9.gif

I am just glad it has gone to such a good home! Enjoy!

scan10007gt1.jpg

cloud9.gif

I am just glad it has gone to such a good home! Enjoy!

cloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Great covers - fantastic looking books! thumbsup2.gif

Hmmmmm..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif what bank? Maybe I should buy a mask 27_laughing.gif

Seriously, great looking books ....... hail.gif

Thank You!

OK, last one - the orgy is about to end (as Austin Powers said, "I'm spent").

In my hobby travels over the years, Marvel Mystery 4 consistently is one of the most popular books out there:

Marv4Crop.jpg

STEVE Got Larson? ("He shoots.....he scores!!!")

Was that book taken from a bound set? One of my top ten GA favorites. cloud9.gif

Was that book taken from a bound set? One of my top ten GA favorites. cloud9.gif

No - it's the Larson copy (water stain on spine).

My photograpy skills are poor (too much flash residue on this image) - the picture doesn't nearly do the book justice - I'll repost a better image the next time I have the book in hand.

STEVE Got Larson?

I see Steve is at it again , this time with the Timely's!! Great MM #4 Steve! Always loved that cover... it is almost painterly in its rendering... beauty.

Here's a long -awaited grail that arrived via fed ex today... restoration? YES! But its minor, and I don't care... would never have been able to afford it otherwise.

Have wanted this book since the arly '80's!! cloud9.gif

I'll be posting this book as much as possiible, so apologies in advance!

1414831-redravenPOSTlo.jpg

1414831-redravenPOSTlo.jpg.6f8af9e8bb204f1e8a9de1e31d612778.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Ryan I was just flipping through Comic Link's site and I stumbled across a copy they had for sale before you posted this. That book is very hard to find so who cares if it has restoration, its gorgeous. 893applaud-thumb.gif Cover cleaned?

Thanks SS! Apparently, just some minor color touch on spine, and staples (top only?) reinforced.

Yes, I saw the CLINK copy, and the METRO copy, both of which I could never justify paying that much for (unless I was filthy rich).

The colors on this copy are very vivid. The red's are very nice and deep.

As a lover of rare and obscure books, and Kirby art, this book has it all!

Wow if there is only minor restoration you sure lucked out as you rarely see books from that era that are so clean. Love to know the back story on this one, must have been held by only a few owners over the years.

At the end of the day, I'm not so concerned about the type of resto done on a book... I just don't want to be aware of it when I'm looking at the book! Probably not the wisest attitude to have...

I'll make some inquiries and see what the story is (if any) on this book!

I see Steve is at it again , this time with the Timely's!! Great MM #4 Steve! Always loved that cover... it is almost painterly in its rendering... beauty.

Here's a long -awaited grail that arrived via fed ex today... restoration? YES! But its minor, and I don't care... would never have been able to afford it otherwise.

Have wanted this book since the arly '80's!! cloud9.gif

I'll be posting this book as much as possiible, so apologies in advance!

1414831-redravenPOSTlo.jpg

Sweet Baby Jesus! what a great book!.... 893applaud-thumb.gif........isn't that one of Kirby's first covers?......awesome hail.gif

Sweet Baby Jesus! what a great book!.... 893applaud-thumb.gif........isn't that one of Kirby's first covers?......awesome hail.gif

I think its Kirby's first credited cover... contains the first story signed "Jack Kirby". Its got some great stories including "the Eternal Brain", in which a scientist dies and his brain is put in a fishbowl, and he fights wrong doers through a microphone/radio combo.