• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

Thanks to Marc from HoC for this one. A nice unrestored beauty. The first Timely I have owned (though not the first I have sold)! cloud9.gif

marvelcomics51.jpg

Nice pickup! 893applaud-thumb.gif

It looks like The Human Torch is going to knock that guy out, he'll drop the brand and it's gonna hurt!

SA books certainly have taken a back seat to GA in 2006.

They certainly have for me. I get a much bigger kick out of owning a cool golden age book (even if it's 3.0-4.0) than I do owning a silver age comic in any condition, even NM. It's like owning a piece of history...or at least a piece of pop culture at its best.

Thanks to Marc from HoC for this one. A nice unrestored beauty. The first Timely I have owned (though not the first I have sold)! cloud9.gif

marvelcomics51.jpg

WOW! Nice book. Just gotta love Torch beatin' up on those Nazi's. 893applaud-thumb.gif

October - excellent choice for a first Timely. The later Schomburg war covers on MM are incredible and among the cheaper Timelys one can buy. thumbsup2.gif

Nice looking copy - puts my beater to shame. frown.gif

Nice books all - I hadn't really taken notice of the MM 51 before (very cool cover - congrats october).

Not my first Timely but this mid-grade copy has bright colors and fresh pages that really appeal to me:

100_1116.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Wow, a beautiful book SS! What was your previous copy graded at?

(Also, your scan is super sharp!! I haven't been able to get nice crisp scans like that ... is there a trick?)

congrats! thumbsup2.gif

My old copy was a 2.5. I just use the scans from ComicLink and up load to photobucket using the 17" screen setting as it makes a big difference compared to just 15".

Nice book Pod...

Since I started collecting back in June, here are all my Timelys since then. A few restored/PLOD books, just had the Cap book show up from Bob Storms thumbsup2.gif and a couple other new ones...will post some scans later.....not sure I can afford much else this year.....but I just love these books.... cloud9.gif

Better start collecting ungraded bronze-age before my wife banishes me to the shed.... 893whatthe.gif

img1109br2.jpg