• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,109 posts in this topic

I currently have no way to scan books, so this is an old cropped photo of my Marvel Mystery #49 CGC 8.5 OW/W PAGES & #51 CGC 7.5 OW/W PAGES CHICAGO. Sorry about the junky photo, I'll remedy when I can. my2marvels.jpg

i'd damn sure rather have the books than a scanner! superb stuff.

I currently have no way to scan books, so this is an old cropped photo of my Marvel Mystery #49 CGC 8.5 OW/W PAGES & #51 CGC 7.5 OW/W PAGES CHICAGO. Sorry about the junky photo, I'll remedy when I can. my2marvels.jpg

i'd damn sure rather have the books than a scanner! superb stuff.

Thanks Billy boy. I actually have a scanner, but I need to investigate hooking it up to my netbook. I think I'd need to load a program and this thing has no disc drive.

Now this is a little different. A back cover house ad for what looks to be Kid Komics #1 sporting a Victory Boys appearance. However, they didn't appear in the issue. Perhaps the story advertised for K K # 1 was never used . Either way, a (to my knowledge), previously undocumented Victory Boys appearance!!! This is the back cover to Krazy Komics #3. I know, I'm a geek :headbang:krazykomics3backcover.jpg

Now this is a little different. A back cover house ad for what looks to be Kid Komics #1 sporting a Victory Boys appearance. However, they didn't appear in the issue. Perhaps the story advertised for K K # 1 was never used . Either way, a (to my knowledge), previously undocumented Victory Boys appearance!!! This is the back cover to Krazy Komics #3. I know, I'm a geek :headbang:krazykomics3backcover.jpg

Here's the front cover (thumbs u

krazykomics3frontcover.jpg

That's a cool comic! I guess those Victory Boys stayed in USA Comics & did not transition over.

You heard Billy, no cutting! :sumo:

:jokealert:

You're a hoot West :applause:

Billbo, Billy boy, Jimbo....

shouldn't it be Westyboy?

That's a cool comic! I guess those Victory Boys stayed in USA Comics & did not transition over.

Thanks West. I dig the funny animal Timely books too. Yep, USA and Comedy #10 is it, unless I'm missing something. I love it when house ads preview things that wind up changing. The Young Allies #1 cover and "All Aces" All Winners #1 are two of the best known examples of that. Fun stuff. :cloud9:

Speaking of oddball Timely goodness, I just came across the 2nd & 3rd appearance of Stuporman in a Timely Magazine!!! :o

Stuporman's 1st appearance is Daring Mystery Comics #6 from 9/40 and his 4th appearance is Comedy Comics #11 from 9/42. His 2nd & 3rd appearances are in a magazine published by Martin Goodman called Snap. One issue is dated 10/40 and the other is dated 12/40.

As it turns out, the Stuporman splash pages from Comedy Comics #11 was reprinted from the 12/40 Snap splash page!