• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

I love that cover of Cap #34... its actually one of my favorites... though whats up with the Dutch maiden tied up? Why a Dutch girl?

It's a McGuffin isn't it? The fact that she is dutch is what makes the cover memorable.

McGuffin? It isn't a Hitchcock movie. Unless it's Foreign Correspondent with the windmill scene.

Hitchcock has no copyright on its usage - it's in common parlance!

He made it famous- at least on this side of the ocean.

is stan lee going to continue signings? I did not see that he would at the NYC Con in October.Two USA #15's both are undergraded.

130510.jpg

I always wanted a Cap cover where he was riding an Indian motorcycle. The price is probably a little high due to the rarity of the later USA comics.but it is still worth a try.

I love that cover of Cap #34... its actually one of my favorites... though whats up with the Dutch maiden tied up? Why a Dutch girl?

It's a McGuffin isn't it? The fact that she is dutch is what makes the cover memorable.

McGuffin? It isn't a Hitchcock movie. Unless it's Foreign Correspondent with the windmill scene.

Absolutely Dan! As in the unforgettable long take down the staircase that ends up focused on the key in Ingrid Bergman's hand in "Notorious." :cloud9:

Absolutely Dan! Ron! As in the unforgettable long take down the staircase that ends up focused on the key in Ingrid Bergman's hand in "Notorious." :cloud9:

Fixed that.

Edited by comixnoir

Absolutely Dan! Ron! As in the unforgettable long take down the staircase that ends up focused on the key in Ingrid Bergman's hand in "Notorious." :cloud9:

Fixed that.

:facepalm: Sorry Ron!! Please pardon my nominal aphasia! :foryou: Dan is of course my other pal buttock.

When Alec Guinness wrote his autobiography he called it "My name escapes me". I can relate!

Fixed that.

:facepalm: Sorry Ron!! Please pardon my nominal aphasia! :foryou: Dan is of course my other pal buttock.

When Alec Guinness wrote his autobiography he called it "My name escapes me". I can relate!

I don't mean to derail a comic thread with film talk, but here goes. In Notorious another example of a MacGufffin is the the wine bottles filled with uranium. Important to the movie characters, but not necessarily to the audience, it is there to to motivate them into action. It has no real importance outside of that. It is a MacGuffin.

Edited by comixnoir