• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

USA 11 is super tough. I never thought Young Allies 11 was especially difficult. But it could be.

USA 11 is super tough. I never thought Young Allies 11 was especially difficult. But it could be.

I had the Mile High copy of Young Allies #11 and I stupidly traded it to Verzyl back in 1997 :makepoint:

Luckily I was able to replace it! :applause:

youngallies11_zps22f31686.png

I had the Mile High copy of Young Allies #11 and I stupidly traded it to Verzyl back in 1997 :makepoint:

man, you ain't lion!

Nice to see my old book again (thumbs u

A raise? I never thought of that. I've got my kidneys listed on E-Bay.

:signfunny:

What's the GPA for kidneys on eBay?

I need just 11 more issues of Amazing Spider-Man for a full run.

I could live with one kidney, and I would be a few more issues closer to my goal.

--Tom

Edited by tmckenna

ya4.jpg

Awesome book! I love this cover, and the fact that there is a torture tank control board.

Full length story 64 pages, featuring Red Skull on the cover and inside too...still an underrated Timely. Killer book.

the torture tank control board is certainly worthy of comment; but, boys, why the hell are the nazis dropping a bomb on the red skull's torture tank room to begin with?

A) they feel it's worth it to take out the red skull and his torture tank room to wipe out the young allies

B) they have horrible aim leading to much collateral damage due to friendly fire?

I think you guys are jumping to conclusions. Other scenarios are possible, to wit: The Human Torch may have demolished the Nazi plane that was carrying the bomb, which was destined for another target. The bomb may have then inadvertently fallen into the Red Skull's torture tank room before the HT could free the Young Allies.

As an aside, I don't think that bomb would tear a hole through the tank room without the metal shredding the Young Allies into hamburger meat, so I think we have to assume that the hole was already there and that its diameter is much larger than that of the bomb, despite appearances.

While we're picking apart this great cover, I'd also like to know how Bucky got that Tommy gun when he was already chained up in the torture room? Also, basically it's too late for everyone in that room since there's no stopping that bomb at this point.

thanks to a boardie, my timely run got a pretty good upgrade today. very happy about this one. maybe not as good a cover as my mm 77 above, but still pretty cool.

allselect1.jpg