• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why won't Marvel reprint the Dark Avengers sketch cover?

44 posts in this topic

Just curious, the cover sold out so quickly, and there is obviously large demand for it.

Secret Invasion sketch covers were reprinted, so why not the Dark Avengers covers?

As has been said the only reason SI got reprinted was their error in printing.

Is Marvel refuses to reprint this one and people clamor for it, they will force retailers to order even more of them on the next blank cover. Then fans will buy even more than they need because they will be worried about a sell out.

That will make the book sell out and make people clamor for more copies and round and round we go until people get sick of these covers.

C

Of the three Marvel blanks the Dark Avengers sold out by far the fastest. At least in my area.

I guess that's either one or two things. The print run was small or this sketch addiction we all have caught is spreading to the masses. Or do you have another theory.

the one thats really over due though is a blank cover for an X-men book, but i don't see where that can happen anytime soon
An exclusive X-Men related one is in the works :whistle:

i don't know to me these blanks arnt really a trend, its the way i get OA and OA will never go out of style

Once people realize that a sketchbook or sketchpad is a bigger surface for artists to draw on, then they'll do away with the sketch covers... oh wait, I said too much...

Sketch covers happened before, then went away for a while, then came back. It's bound to happen again.

the one thats really over due though is a blank cover for an X-men book, but i don't see where that can happen anytime soon

There are plenty that are "overdue": Fantastic Four, X-men, Spider-man, Hulk to name a few.

But there really doesn't seem to be a trend for where the sketch cover pops up. In my opinion, they don't really need one. Fallen Son show's you that it doesn't have to be a #1, and I don't think it needs to be for a landmark (like Cap's death) either. They could make a Thor #613 variant B as a blank sketch cover if they wanted.

I guess all I'm saying is it doesn't take a major event to have these sketch covers. They've put 1 out a year for the last 3 years. The Dark Avengers cover came out in January, so we've still got some time before we can expect another one. Personally, it's not a huge deal what title it has. I've put several Spider-mans (Spider-men?) on Fallen Son covers and barely any of my Secret Invasion books have Skrulls on them. If they put them out, I'll get them regardless of the title.

Ultimate Spider-man 100 and Hulk 1 were done for the for the HI.

Yeah, but those covers weren't really available to the public.