• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: BONE 1 CGC 9.6

40 posts in this topic

WOW! I'm amazed when these books come up in such great condition.

Not surprising really - it's only 1991 fergawdsake, and it's modern stock. :)

That's true in most cases, but Bone was printed on some pretty krap-tastic paper stock, had an almost solid black back cover and was released amongst a glut of other independents when most independents were pretty awful and got almost no attention initially. I was lucky enough to get a copy through my subscription service in 1991, never opened the thing and it came back a 9.4 without hardly ever being handled by human hands.

There are almost certainly more 9.6's (maybe better) out there, but they're still not all that easy to find.

Congrats Colin!

mr dunbar speaks out with pure ignorance concerning moderns, yet again (:

No, not really my friend. :) But you mr stapczynski, on the other hand . . . put the flim-flam man to shame :grin:

That's true in most cases, but Bone was printed on some pretty krap-tastic paper stock, had an almost solid black back cover and was released amongst a glut of other independents when most independents were pretty awful and got almost no attention initially. I was lucky enough to get a copy through my subscription service in 1991, never opened the thing and it came back a 9.4 without hardly ever being handled by human hands.

There are almost certainly more 9.6's (maybe better) out there, but they're still not all that easy to find.

Congrats Colin!

Comparing your former copy to the recent 9.6s I've seen, I'm pretty confident that 9.4 will soon be a 9.6. :gossip:

No, not really my friend. :) But you mr stapczynski, on the other hand . . . put the flim-flam man to shame :grin:

oh david, i was just pointing out how quick you are to bash all slabbed books and moderns, a la your dunce-comments to JJ and pirate (: do you forget so quickly?

you came and posted a lame comment in a nice, happy thread and you got called out for it..

you can keep getting your panties in a bundle over the fact that some books which are 'only' 18 years old make good money, but please...keep the status of your undergarments to yourself :)

Comparing your former copy to the recent 9.6s I've seen, I'm pretty confident that 9.4 will soon be a 9.6. :gossip:

lol - if that happens, I would be a very proud biological father :insane:

Let me know how it goes, should you decide to re-sub.

oh david, i was just pointing out how quick you are to bash all slabbed books and moderns, a la your dunce-comments to JJ and pirate (: do you forget so quickly?

you came and posted a lame comment in a nice, happy thread and you got called out for it..

you can keep getting your panties in a bundle over the fact that some books which are 'only' 18 years old make good money, but please...keep the status of your undergarments to yourself :)

oh colin - nothing lame about what I said - read it again. Trouble is, people infer way too much from brief comments, rather than think about them. :foryou: And you are too quick to flame and defend - insecurities at best. :grin:

lol - if that happens, I would be a very proud biological father :insane:

Let me know how it goes, should you decide to re-sub.

Will do. :)

As Annihilus previously mentioned, the quality of pages used for this book is more akin to bronze stock than modern stock. They didn't switch to modern quality until issue #12.

oh colin - nothing lame about what I said - read it again. Trouble is, people infer way too much from brief comments, rather than think about them. :foryou: And you are too quick to flame and defend - insecurities at best. :grin:

*sigh*

perhaps you should re-read the posts :)

you said 'for god's sake it's only 18 years old, and its printed on MODERN stock'...if you own #2-11 you would already know that it's not modern stock (shrug)

i said you were speaking out of ignorance regarding moderns with the (: , and you whipped out your old man lingo 'flim flam' trash talk..thems the facts..no flaming at all on my end...

and please...define your 'insecurities--at best' comment...i'm unsure of what i'm being insecure about by calling you out on yet another dunce statement (shrug)

or, you can stop replying and take your adult pampers elsewhere :foryou:

I would guess that David started collecting in the early '70s ( though it may have been the later '60s). I started in 1972. At that time I thought Fantastic Four #1 was ancient, and a grail. It was the beginning of the Marvel Silver Age, which by that time was called the Silver Age. It was 11 years old.

That Bone #1 is very, very cool (thumbs u

I would guess that David started collecting in the early '70s ( though it may have been the later '60s). I started in 1972. At that time I thought Fantastic Four #1 was ancient, and a grail. It was the beginning of the Marvel Silver Age, which by that time was called the Silver Age. It was 11 years old.

That Bone #1 is very, very cool (thumbs u

No disagreement - it is very, very cool and congrats to Colin for pullin' the trigger. :)

Here's what I said doofus. :grin:

Here's what I said doofus. :grin:

yup, that's the incorrect statement you made :) well, that and your flim flam shammy comment, whatever the hell that meant (thumbs u

like i said...take your old man banter and adult pampers elsewhere, its clear you have nothing more to contribute..unless you have 3 more needless posts up your sleeve...perhaps you can post them back-to-back-to-back again (: