• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D$%^ Ebay sellers

39 posts in this topic

I refuse to get ripped by ebay sellers. If he wants to charge $9 for book #4 tell him to take a hike. :sumo:

Check is in the mail ;)

I agree here. First off $ 9.00 to ship one book is too high, even if its in a U-Line Kraft box mailer (57cents) + postage. I can fit about ten books in one and go anywhere media for under $5.00 in the USA. To charge what he wants for four books is a total rip off. Tell him to adjust the shipping or take Counts advice. i cant stand sellers who juice up the shipping to line their pockets. Good luck. (thumbs u

DRX

4 slabs (thumbs u

But I agree. $23.00 would be waaaay more then it should actually cost to ship. Even 2 seperate flat rate boxes will be cheaper, though not by much. But I guess I will have to wait and see.

Ive made a few slab purchases here on the boards, and some on E-Bay. A realistic price to ship four slabs boxed Priority would be around $10.00 give or take a buck. Just my 2c

DRX

Combined shipping is combined shipping regardless of paypal fees or general hassle. A seller shouldn't change the terms of a deal that are plainly stated in the auction text. Anyone who offers combined shipping will understand that auctions don't end at exactly the same time and buyers will hopefully buy more because they are dollar cost averaging the shipping.

Tell him politely in an email and if he doesn't refund the difference give him a neutral and a poor rating for shipping. This is exactly the reason Ebay took away the seller's right to give negs. and created the detailed star rating feedback

Like I said I will be fair. He will definately get a poor rating for communication. If the books come at two seperate times, fine.. I will eat the charge. If it comes in one package I will alert ebay for profiteering, and demand a refund for the difference. I can understand a mistake, but this should never have happened.

I refuse to get ripped by ebay sellers. If he wants to charge $9 for book #4 tell him to take a hike. :sumo:

Check is in the mail ;)

I agree here. First off $ 9.00 to ship one book is too high, even if its in a U-Line Kraft box mailer (57cents) + postage. I can fit about ten books in one and go anywhere media for under $5.00 in the USA. To charge what he wants for four books is a total rip off. Tell him to adjust the shipping or take Counts advice. i cant stand sellers who juice up the shipping to line their pockets. Good luck. (thumbs u

DRX

4 slabs (thumbs u

But I agree. $23.00 would be waaaay more then it should actually cost to ship. Even 2 seperate flat rate boxes will be cheaper, though not by much. But I guess I will have to wait and see.

Ive made a few slab purchases here on the boards, and some on E-Bay. A realistic price to ship four slabs boxed Priority would be around $10.00 give or take a buck. Just my 2c

DRX

4 slabs really shouldnt be shipped in one flat rate box. It should be a larger box with good packing material. I wouldnt mind paying $14.00 to have my books shipped slower but safer.

Combined shipping is combined shipping regardless of paypal fees or general hassle. A seller shouldn't change the terms of a deal that are plainly stated in the auction text. Anyone who offers combined shipping will understand that auctions don't end at exactly the same time and buyers will hopefully buy more because they are dollar cost averaging the shipping.

Tell him politely in an email and if he doesn't refund the difference give him a neutral and a poor rating for shipping. This is exactly the reason Ebay took away the seller's right to give negs. and created the detailed star rating feedback

Like I said I will be fair. He will definately get a poor rating for communication. If the books come at two seperate times, fine.. I will eat the charge. If it comes in one package I will alert ebay for profiteering, and demand a refund for the difference. I can understand a mistake, but this should never have happened.

When it gets to this point will you post the seller's ID so we know who not to deal with?

When it gets to this point will you post the seller's ID so we know who not to deal with?

IF it hits that point I will. But if I straighten it out, it will remain a mystery...

you should not have made your payment until you had completed the whole transaction. next time bring it to the sellers attention that you plan to attempt to win several books over several days, i can almost say that they will grant you this based on the fact that you have made mention. by you paying and then wanting to hault production is not the way for you to get transactions to go smooth and how you like. packages can get boxed up, postage printed and affixed and now you expect the seller to reopen the box, cancel the postage and wait and see if you win something else and mabye you don't win, so he repack it and reprints the postage again.

communication is the key ingredient to successful online transactions and you may be part to blame in this case, live and learn.

Check is in the mail ;)

DRX

4 slabs (thumbs u

DRX

4 slabs really shouldnt be shipped in one flat rate box. It should be a larger box with good packing material. I wouldnt mind paying $14.00 to have my books shipped slower but safer.

Your right, I should have said a box with a Priority sticker on it, which is what i use some times. Four slabs in a priority box from the P.O. would be a little to tight.

DRX

The seller was weak for not responding in the first place. I always get back to someone even if it is just to say "Thanks for continuing to bid on my books. Please let me know when you are done." No response is not the right answer!

Sorry this happened to you Pat. But I would have held off of any payment until you were done so then the seller would have been forced to consolidate everything onto one invoice. It may have had a $100 insurance fee, but at least it would be combined.

you should not have made your payment until you had completed the whole transaction. next time bring it to the sellers attention that you plan to attempt to win several books over several days, i can almost say that they will grant you this based on the fact that you have made mention. by you paying and then wanting to hault production is not the way for you to get transactions to go smooth and how you like. packages can get boxed up, postage printed and affixed and now you expect the seller to reopen the box, cancel the postage and wait and see if you win something else and mabye you don't win, so he repack it and reprints the postage again.

communication is the key ingredient to successful online transactions and you may be part to blame in this case, live and learn.

I sent the message asking him to hold off on shipping 20 seconds after I made the payement. I made the payment so he did not have to wait too long for the money. So I dont know why he would have printed postage without any of my info.

And to open a box? Yea. Him opening the box is worth saving me the money. But I also stated IF he sent that package already, then fine. It just stinks he never replied to either message.

I sent the message asking him to hold off on shipping 20 seconds after I made the payement. I made the payment so he did not have to wait too long for the money. So I dont know why he would have printed postage without any of my info.

And to open a box? Yea. Him opening the box is worth saving me the money. But I also stated IF he sent that package already, then fine. It just stinks he never replied to either message.

I agree with junkdrawer: never pay until you know you're done buying. But it does stink if you emailed right after paying, and he still charges you extra, considering it two seperate invoices. The only possible scenario that might make me lean toward the seller is if he fairly quickly boxed up your order, printed postage, etc., all before checking his email. But that seems somewhat unlikely.

I've noticed that sometimes invoices come through without the promised combined shipping, but if I bring it to the attention of the seller they'll fix it. I don't know if it's an honest mistake or a strategy to get some extra bucks out of people who don't check their invoices closely, or who are too timid to note the mistake, but that's the main reason I always wait to pay.

Isn't Ebay cracking down on high shipping costs? I seem to remember they were, so maybe you at least turn the guy in if he doesn't rectify the situation.

Good luck!

IF it hits that point I will. But if I straighten it out, it will remain a mystery...

(thumbs u

i sell as well as buy on ebay. if i want to bid on several items over several days, i let the seller know, they always say yes. in the future slow down you dont get a discount for paying fast and you cant get NEG. for now ask the guy to issue a refund via paypal you may loose 50cents to fees, but i'd try it.

i sell as well as buy on ebay. if i want to bid on several items over several days, i let the seller know, they always say yes. in the future slow down you dont get a discount for paying fast and you cant get NEG. for now ask the guy to issue a refund via paypal you may loose 50cents to fees, but i'd try it.

Well he listed another large amount of auctions. I will follow the advice of the few here and not pay until I am finished. So if the same 14 dollars can get me 8-9 slabs, I guess it will work in my favor right? Ebay will run everything into one purchase so I guess he will have to combine all of them

click on "request a total" once your done and he should be able correct it all easily. some sellers have a hard time navigating through ebay and your paying might have confused him as to how to correct the invoice to reflect the right amount.

click on "request a total" once your done and he should be able correct it all easily. some sellers have a hard time navigating through ebay and your paying might have confused him as to how to correct the invoice to reflect the right amount.
Thank you for the help. I will do that after I finish bidding again. Maybe he will answer by then too.

In the request total section, there's usually a box where you can leave him a note. Or when paying, leave him a note there, too. Or don't pay him and wait until he sends you a message asking where's your money, and thusly, the line of communication should theoretically be open(ed).