• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New sales forum format..Fun? Not fun?

Fun? Not fun?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Fun? Not fun?

145 posts in this topic

Personally the change doesn't bother me at all, granted I am not logged on 24/7 nor have I made a sales thread in forever to get irked by the changes. All I know is when I am online I can click a few buttons and it takes me to a magic land where I can buy some truly fantastic funny books from people I know and trust(for the most part)

:P

I have about 5 personal friends, one who regularly posted on here a lot, who wont' even sign on anymore because he's so mad about the changes.

Tell them to seek professional help. And I'm not joking, as letting a simple change to a funny book forum create such deep, personal anger and resentment is not a good sign.

It just doesn't seem like the quantity or quality is there anymore.

Based on what I'm seeing right now in the Gold/Silver/Bronze forum, I'm not sure how you're coming to that conclusion. (shrug)

Maybe we collect different things. I typically don't buy over-priced slabs at double guide.

"(For the most part)" ...tell me who you don't trust..

I just meant there are lots of new members with sales threads, and many of them I do not know personally. But that is remedied quickly if they have a book I want and we exchange PM's.

I have had no troubles with the Marketplace.

Ok..tell me..never mind..don't tell me but..seriously, think about how many moderns you've actually bought in the forums..just think about it..

Almost every single purchase I make here is a modern or copper book. :sumo:

Hey, every single comic book purchase I have ever made on here has been BA or early-CA, with no exceptions that I know of.

I've been doing that since I started buying comics at around 6 years old, and have really never stopped.

"(For the most part)" ...tell me who you don't trust..

I just meant there are lots of new members with sales threads, and many of them I do not know personally. But that is remedied quickly if they have a book I want and we exchange PM's.

I have had no troubles with the Marketplace.

I dred the day I get 'burned' by someone in the forums..it will be an upsetting day, to say the least..

"every single purchase".. OK.. I am assuming things...never mind.. I tend to focus on SA and foreigns

Yes. Every single purchase. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to read between the lines somewhere in that response, but I'll just let it go.

My main point is that everyone has the right to love and collect whatever they wish. The problem comes when people begin pushing their own agenda about what they collect is cool and everything everyone else collects is junk. I see it all the time on here whether expressed explicitly or implicitly and I find it to be a rather disrespectful attitude to have.

The problem comes when people begin pushing their own agenda about what they collect is cool and everything everyone else collects is junk.

I see that a lot with the Golden Age fogeys, but it's just a method of swelling their ranks using "nerd peer pressure".

"Call us when you grow up and start collecting GA books"

I have about 5 personal friends, one who regularly posted on here a lot, who wont' even sign on anymore because he's so mad about the changes.

Good. More comics for those of us still here. :cloud9:

The problem comes when people begin pushing their own agenda about what they collect is cool and everything everyone else collects is junk.

I see that a lot with the Golden Age fogeys, but it's just a method of swelling their ranks using "nerd peer pressure".

lol

"every single purchase".. OK.. I am assuming things...never mind.. I tend to focus on SA and foreigns

Yes. Every single purchase. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to read between the lines somewhere in that response, but I'll just let it go.

My main point is that everyone has the right to love and collect whatever they wish. The problem comes when people begin pushing their own agenda about what they collect is cool and everything everyone else collects is junk. I see it all the time on here whether expressed explicitly or implicitly and I find it to be a rather disrespectful attitude to have.

I am the last guy to suggest on what to collect, since I collect mostly La prensa and Novaro Mexican comics but, for some reason, I always thought that most purchases here were for Adams, Ditko, Kirby, Steranko and so forth..but..really..to each his own..but it is nice to find someone that relates to your specific collection habits..

Not to digress from the topic at hand but I've never once seen a GA fogey talk negatively about what anyone else collects. I don't know where you got that impression. It's almost always been the lower end collectors complaining about prices that higher end collectors pay.

R.