• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumb question, but consider the source

24 posts in this topic

So I think I'm going to sit on my two cracked 9.8s, I'm too paranoid to submit them for re-holdering.

This is completely different scenario. If it has been cracked out completely, that's a resub and you get what you get. A reholder means that the book is still in the holder, but the holder is damaged (cracked) and needs to be replaced.

So I think I'm going to sit on my two cracked 9.8s, I'm too paranoid to submit them for re-holdering.

This is completely different scenario. If it has been cracked out completely, that's a resub and you get what you get. A reholder means that the book is still in the holder, but the holder is damaged (cracked) and needs to be replaced.

I get that Jim, but that was my point - I'm sure I've seen somewhere that books that have been submitted for just a re-holder get a quick look over and once in a while they have been given different grades. I'm probably way off the bat and getting my wires crossed, I'll have to go and look it up to get my facts straight.

Gav, I think I read your post wrong, but I know what you mean. If your slabs are just cracked and the book isn't damaged, you should be fine.

(thumbs u