• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm glad I checked eBay one last time tonight!

28 posts in this topic

The book looks nice but I think there may be severe water damage on the top. Looks like a massive water stain, but it could just be a scanning thing!?!

Timely

You have good eyes...

I will have you check the scans of all the auctions I bid on from now on! wink.gif

There is some H2O damage there but I think it's humidity.

But the book is 100% dry now and you can barely see it, the pages showing no staining at all really.

Slight waves on the first few pages.

No color touch, no trimming.

A real nice spine (and I'm a spine freak so that's important!) like you would find on a F+. thumbsup2.gif

My opinion on the grade:

Looks like a Fine (6.0) but the marvel chipping along the right lowers the grade to a VGF(5.0). The H2O damage further lowers the grade to 4.0, with a small chance at a 4.5.

Remember that FF 1 CGC 4.5 thread awhile back with the water stain?

If that got a 4.5 I think this would have a shot.

Old thread

I'll keep it.

Another raw VG would cost me $75 and a raw VGF $100+.

I've been the underbidder on midgrade FF 13s for months on eBay now and this book is hot.

I wonder if someone knows the Watcher will be in the FF movie...? confused.gif

My feedback will state a fair deal rather than a great deal though because of the H2O.

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

That is one of the hardest Marvels to find without tanning or chipping or popped staples.

I got my Heritage stuff today too.

I'll put up some scans of the Thors...

JIM 89 is among them! cloud9.gif

Here's the copy I have....I think it's probably in the same range as yours....a little messy on the bottom edge but otherewise quite clean. It's been in my collection for over 20 years, so you could say I'm attached to it. You made a nice aquistion. thumbsup2.gif

FF13.jpg

The book looks nice but I think there may be severe water damage on the top. Looks like a massive water stain, but it could just be a scanning thing!?!

Timely

There is some H2O damage there but I think it's humidity.

But the book is 100% dry now and you can barely see it, the pages showing no staining at all really.

Slight waves on the first few pages.

You might try stacking it horizontally with some other books or use other means to press it for a couple of months. Waves in the pages would diminish or go away.

And how much Restored 4.5/5.0s have been getting ? confused.gif

I'm eager to see this one slabbed... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893frustrated.gif Bad Karma dude... frown.gif

No slabbing, it is a nice reading copy.

I think I'm good enough to pick up any (A) even if it is slight.

I doubt a midgrade $50-$100 book would have any slight (P).

It would cost more than the book's value wouldn't it?

Sorry, Aces. It was never my intention to get you down. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's just that your thread had me wondering to what extent it's still possible to buy raw books on ebay at ridiculously low prices and get them slabbed with a blue label. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It seems like those are the only real bargains to be made on ebay, since slabbed SA books can hardly be won on ebay at less than, say, 80% of guide.

Anyway, seems like my remark about your book possibly being restored started another interesting discussion about Restoration.