• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird Tales Pulps R.E.H. and more

57 posts in this topic

Great books JR, sorry to see you are letting them go!

Do you have Avon Fantasy Reader #10?

Nope. Thats a cool one!!

Does this contain a Howard story?

Yes, it is a Conan cover and story. Along with #8. These were two very early Conan printings, maybe the only Conan prints before the Gnome hardback series in the 1950's.

Don't want to clutter up JR's thread too much but these Avon Fantasy Reader's are very cool. Here's my #10:

th_AvonFantasyReader010fcsm.jpg

Another early Conan publication was the Conan the Conqueror double paperback from 1950. Had a Leigh Brackett story on the other side.

The Book to own if you are are a fan of R.E.H.

Glenn Lords the Last Celt. A Bio Bibliography of Robert Ervin Howard.

Book is in incredible condition! Clean pages tight spine. No rips or tears or writing in this book. Dust Jacket is in awesome shape! Bright colors no rips or tears.

Only minor issue is on the top of the Book visible in the pic, you can see a 1/4 inch scrape. Tons of Information on the Creator of Conan, Solomon Kane, King Kull etc etc etc..

IMG00874.jpg

IMG00875.jpg

IMG00876.jpg

IMG00877.jpg

IMG00878.jpg

IMG00879.jpg

IMG00880.jpg

From 1983,Limited to 1000 signed copies, Dark Valley Destiney. The Bioraphy of Robert Ervin Howard Signed Written and signed by L.Sprague De Camp and Catherine Crook De Camp.

L. Sprague De Camp, along with Lin Carter and Bjorn Nyberg Fleshed out the Conan stories and added to the legend in the 70s.

Few Know the Conan Character and the History of His creator better than this Man!Another book in incredible shape! Book and dust jacket look like it was printed yesterday! The Slip case is in nice shape, but dirty

IMG00881.jpg

IMG00882.jpg

IMG00883.jpg

IMG00884.jpg

IMG00885.jpg

IMG00886.jpg

IMG00887.jpg

IMG00888.jpg

The Breckenridge Elkins Bear Creek Trilogy By R.E.H. and published by Donald Grant.

A gent from Bear Creek 2nd edition 1975, Mayhem on Bear Creek, 1st edition 1979, Pride of Bear Creek 2nd Edition 1977

Gent and Pride both had an earlier printing but DJ art work were completly different. The full trilogy matching set is here for 160.00

These books look like they were printed yesterday! A truly stunning set. No problems at all

IMG00858.jpg

IMG00859.jpg

IMG00860.jpg

IMG00861.jpg

IMG00862.jpg

IMG00863.jpg

IMG00864.jpg

Arkham House 1946 Skull Face and others.

The first Book published devoted to Robert Ervin Howard

Collecting many of his Weird Tales Pulp Storys including Phoenix on the Sword the First Conan the Barbarian Story!

This Book is in nicer condition than most, Tight spine, Very Minor Soiling No rips or tears in the Book Small ink Writing on the Inside Board I took a Pic of.

The Dust Jacket is Bright and Glossy no rips or Tears minor tiny Peices missing as visible in the scan Smoke Staining on Rear side of Dust Jacket. This seems to be common with this book. I dont know maybe there was a fire at Arkham Houses Warehouse?

Steal it for 495.00

IMG00865.jpg

IMG00866.jpg

IMG00867.jpg

IMG00868.jpg

IMG00869.jpg

IMG00870.jpg

IMG00871.jpg

IMG00872.jpg

IMG00873.jpg

Before the Mass Market Printings By Grossett and Dunlop. And directly after the True first Edition printing By Ac McClurg A.L. Burt printed the first 5 Tarzan Novels. These were small print runs.

Tarzan of the Apes was the first of these of course, and the Green Boards with White Chalk lettering is considered by many to be the first Print run for Burt.

This Book is Uncommon in Dust Jacket and In the conditon shown here usually sells for between 400.00 and 500.00 on ABE

I own 2 of these plus the A.C. McClurg True first No Dust jacket of Course. So one of these can go to another collector.This edition is the closest most any of us will ever come to owning the True First printed in 1914, this Burt edition was printed in 1915 The Dust Jacket on the Burts were nearly Identical to the A.C. McClurg only slightly different shading of Greens. Here is a link that will answer any questions you may have on Printing history.

http://www.erbfirsts.com/

I have lots of Pics and will answer any questions Very solid book, very structurally sound, with Wear to the original Dust Jacket as shown.

IMG00753.jpg

IMG00754.jpg

IMG00755.jpg

IMG00756.jpg

IMG00757.jpg

IMG00758.jpg

IMG00759.jpg

IMG00760.jpg

IMG0076100000.jpg

IMG00761.jpg

IMG00762.jpg

IMG00763.jpg

IMG00764.jpg

IMG00765.jpg

IMG00766.jpg

IMG00767.jpg

IMG00768.jpg

IMG00769.jpg

Yep. Hannes Bok!

Thanks for the Kind words Guys!

Big ticket Items Can be tuff to sell though.

Economys making it tuff on people to open there wallets I guess.

I am amazed that you have the Bear Creek trilogy. Those REH :o titles are relatively scarce even in paperback.

The true first edition of Gent from Bear Creek from 1937 is probably the scarcest of all REH collectibles - only around 5 or 6 known to exist and only one (August Derleth's old copy) has the dj. Most of them are in libraries.

The Donald Grant first US ed. from 1966 had a small print run of about 700. This 2nd Grant edition that JR is listing also had a limited print run, though I don't know the numbers. It is as close as most collectors will ever come to having a first edition of this book. Very cool set!

20% OFF anything in this Thread with the exception of the RedNails Set. I will go 10% off on those.

This Thread will end late Tommorow night and possibly listed elsewheres.

Thank you!

First and only :bump:

Before this thread closes Wednsday night

Nearly 500 views and not a bite!! (shrug)

Guess its time to close shop. Oh well these will probably be listed elsewheres.

Thanks all!